ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Right Side of Canvas Darker Than Left

Right Side of Canvas Darker Than Left

I love the canvas textures but whenever I turn on 'canvas lighting' the right side of my canvas is darker than the left. It's like a gradient and It's stopping me from getting any art done. If that doesn't make sense, I can post a screenshot. I've been trying for well over an hour now to fix it and nothing has worked.

Any info would be appreciated.

The visible texture of the canvas is created by the lights that are cast over it and the paint, and this is what also creates the slight gradient over the canvas area. As a result it's not possible at this point to remove the gradient without removing the texturing. If you turn off the canvas lights from the Canvas Panel the gradient will vanish but you will also lose the texture of the canvas and the texture of the paint. You could potentially import a canvas image in to a layer behind your paint to maintain the illusion of texture, but there's no way to keep the real thing without the gradient at this time.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hello, thats also in Artrage 4, it woulkd be so much cool, if once a day, maybe with artrage 4.5 a user could change the canvas lighting. E.g. like in a 3D App, or like in the old KPT with an 3D Ball and some light options ....

it would be so cool ....

also for painting Mandalas (symetrie tool) with an "central light" ....Name:  KPTM-Lighting.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  13.4 KB

Funny story re. the panel image you posted - We wrote that code.

It's possible that we will expand the lighting model in the future, there are some code optimisation considerations that haven't made it possible so far.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

yeah, fine maybe also great ... but maybe much more in future .. if the light source could be also an HDRI-Source - HDR Image Ball ... and so you can have maybe some nice environment-reflections by metallic colors e.g. ...