ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photos in Colour!

Photos in Colour!

The sun came out today for the first time in weeks, took my camera to nearby Kilpeck Church in Herefordshire. Had a wide angle lens on and decided to leave the Black and White alone.

http://fraser-paice.deviantart.com/gallery/37107832

Lovely photos Fraser. The light positively glows in them - almost like the Preraphaelite paintings of Holman Hunt. We're only in the county next door but must have missed that glorious day - dammit. Did I blink? Must have been a week or two ago at least.
    I'm probably the only one who doesn't know as I'm always a bit behind - but what camera are you using?

Mainly for it's massive optical zoom (great for reference shots on the go) I currently use a Fujifilm HS20, but it's only a bridge of course. My wife has an early Sony Alpha DSLR and gets some really nice results with that. I don't pretend to be any sort of photographer beyond a snapper. My wife can never understand my preoccupation with taking close ups of moss and grotty surfaces (actually to for use as stencils in AR).
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thanks Nick it was yesterday (Friday the 11th) you must have been slaving over a hot PC, it was glorious while the sun was out. The camera is a Sony Nex 5, I have an old Sony Alpha too, great cameras. With an adapter I can use my Alpha lenses on the Nex. I really need to get one soon as I've only got a wide angle lens at the moment. Kilpeck church has a lot of interesting pagan carvings, some wonderful creatures but you need a good zoom lens to get them.

Thanks for the info Fraser.
    The Sony Nex is that compact system isn't it? I've heard many good things about it. Cerainly gives you great results, although I suspect that's more to do with your skill than the equipment.

Pagan carvings - good zoom needed huh? The reason I picked the Fuji HS20 brisge camera was for its 30x optical zoom. May have to hop in the car and drive an hour or so to visit this little gem of a church - when I'm not strapped o the pc of course, like I am today.

Keep on snapping your glorious photos. Nipped across to your Deviant galleries and loved what I saw there.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

It's well worth a visit Nick, there's even a great pub in the village that does good food.

super photos. these are beautiful. it is as if we are there in all that glorious light and clarity of that sunny Spring day. great compositions too. great camera indeed, but you have a knack for photography as well...the combination is stunning.