ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Idea for the gallery

Idea for the gallery

Hello

I finally treated myself to a Wacom Intuos4 tablet after a long time debating with myself as to whether or not I should try seriously working in the digital realm. I then bought ArtRage Studio Pro which seems very, very good.

I've been looking at what users have managed to do with the software and, in doing so, thought of an idea to perhaps make the gallery here a bit more appealing and inviting. You can't see very much of what's available with the present design so I mocked up something which I find more welcoming. Please ignore the names of the artists on my second page and just imagine them all to be 'Ragers beginning in "A". I cut these from another art site and adapted them for use here. What do you think of the look?

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage Gallery.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	463.8 KB 
ID:	66864  

Looks fabulous IMO...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

We're doing some work on the gallery currently to try and make it a bit more accessible. While we have to be conscious of the server load (we were surprised by how much activity the gallery actually sees) we do want to be able to display more content up front. Thanks for the ideas!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

You're welcome, Matt and thanks, Rowena.

I think it's really a case of utilising much more of the space on a page. That's what I concentrated on. Something like the mock-up should be fairly easy to do. I'd be happy to lend a hand with graphics if you like as I quite like tinkering with such stuff!

Gary