ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing a Strandyvari ...

Talking Playing a Strandyvari ...

Since I recently had a suggestion to enter the business of the Avatars on-line production and sale, I decided to make a little experiment with just pencil and crayon tools on one of my customer background.
    The figure is on one layer only and I used a small Avatar (guess whose) to give a try.
    I hope You will like it notwithstanding the low level of accuracy, but I did it with the mouse only and it took (also due to the mouse poor control) about one hour.
    I also duplicated the figure layer and blurred and multiplied on the top one (with less than 100% transparency). It's the first one herebelow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Experiment on Avatar - Work with layers.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	66855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Experiment on an Avatar.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	66854  
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very effective Caesar, see I told you , that you could make money at it, just need to market it.
    Geoff

Caesar, i like these very much. The colors, the characters, a good path to work on (i don't know if it is english ).

Best,

Weeks

Nice work Caesar. I still have a ways to go to get this far.

I like the first one better than the second, because the colours are more intense, but as it is going to be an avatar, probable the second one will look better when it is reduced to thumbnail scale. Like 'em.
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

Brilliant work once again Cesare
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

A good piece of work Caesar.
    I got the pun in the title and liked it very much... I think that it's also an interesting business idea, but I know, the Avatars are rarely considered art pieces. Even though everything bigger than 100 x 100 pcx does it. Avatars are usually picked on the internet and just used. I always made my avatars on my own but do not wonder they are quite present in Google Search results. Of course that is not the reason, why I currently use my real picture. LoL.

BTW: If I would like to change it again to something more creative than encourage to 'smack him in the kisser' thingy.
    I'd be happy if our forum software allows us to use the profile image for the real picture and Avatars for 'small artwork'.
    Name:  profile-001.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  42.9 KB

Thank You, dear Geoff! I'm too undisciplined painting and drawing and I use too many approaches and styles and too little time and patience, so I doubt I'll ever be really requested by a customer...

Dear Weeks, actually I discovered I may already get interesting enough textures by just using chalk, pencil and the sheet texture itself, thus in a quick and simple manner, as in this case. This is another potential path, as You say. I've explored quiite a few promising ones, bur I should put some order and in writing these discoveries and possibly use them also combined into some process alternatives. I remain nonetheless enchanted by Your textures and faces enjoying the resources You set up which I colected into my private gotha of illustrators files. Thank You!

As strange as it may sound, dear Shadow, yes and no I'd say. I mean, You're probably far from the time I devouted to drawing and reading of art and techniques (because I'm more than half century old and I started within my first year of life drawing), but You also have such a natural talent, such a commitment and You explore so much any unconventional approach and possible shortcuts, that I'm sure that You're among the ones who can make dramatic and quick improvements (You showed it). Many mates in here started with quite simple outcomes and became terrific artist, setting up stunning styles and techniques. AR is unique to improve in the natural way and I'm sure also Leonardo or Raffaello (Raphael) or Caravaggio or Velasquez woulld have appreciated this software and progressed produced beyond any imagination by means of it if they lived today. Thank You!

You're right, dear Papertree! Actually I could have gotten the same effect also by painting a bottom layer with high pressure chalk and a second one with very low pressure chalk, thus getting the grain and texture. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! You're very kind as always!

Dear Strandy, I hope You will forgive me for this! Your Avatar was too inspiring and made me thing that it could be the base for a fantasy character, maybe changing a little bit some proportions, but keepin the expression and the personality it shows. Since I had little time and the mouse only the, I though I would have fixed quickly the idea in a sketch, but pencil and chalk showed to be quite effective for a preliminary sketching and I quickly ended up with this, so I thought "it would have been fun to post with a pun" ... Thank You for Your kind reply ... and not kicking my sitting part.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said ..............SLAINTE