ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New to artrage

New to artrage

Hi all, just joined the forums and I got my tablet in early April. I started using artrage almost immediately and took to it like the proverbial duck to water.

This is about my 4th attempt, I always got frustrated with traditional media because as soon as I made a wrong mark, especially if it was with paint, I would lose interest and throw the whole lot in a cupboard and forget about it. Patience is not a strong point of mine. I am an ex ceramicist and did lots of figurative work with clay. What I really like about artrage is the fact that you can push colours around using the pallette knife, just like clay in some ways.

Anyway to the painting;- This was done using three layers and took about 3 hours.

Please be kind I am new to this .

Name:  irishdraft.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  24.3 KB

Welcome. Nicely done. AR is an adiction and you have cought the bug.

Welcome,nice horse, well drawn.
    Geoff

Horse

That's a nicely drawn Horse. The ArtRage pencil really is a great tool for sketching and as you say mistakes can so easily be rubbed out without ruining a picture. Nice attention to detail around the neck. There is only one thing that could perhaps be improved, and that is the angle of perspective. The head and shoulders are in the background, so the Horses rear end should be a bit bigger.
    This is a really easy fix. Use the lasso tool to select that area and back legs, and just pull it out slightly until it is bigger than the front and the back hooves will be a little lower. This will give your drawing more depth.

Thanks for the advice. You are right about perspective and I would gladly try your suggestion. However my version of Artrage does not appear to have a lasso tool, or if it has I can't find it. Still exploring the software.

Quote Originally Posted by marcheta View Post
    Thanks for the advice. You are right about perspective and I would gladly try your suggestion. However my version of Artrage does not appear to have a lasso tool, or if it has I can't find it. Still exploring the software.
    It's a Studio Pro feature, found under the Type menu of the Settings panel, when the selection tool is in use. Easy workaround, for those who don't have the option, is to duplicate the layer and erase what you want to change on the lower layer. Then, go to the top layer and erase everything but what you had erased on the lower layer. Now just transform the top layer with the Transformation tool, like you would have done had you made a selection.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

7. I'm not kind with you.....but i like it
    ArtRage and M O U S E

Good technique.
    The structure and anatomy needs more works though.
    Keep it coming.

9. keep working on painting texture.