ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Descendant of Cleopatra

Smile Descendant of Cleopatra

I got another task from my younger boy. One of his mates asked to have also her sister's portrait.
    Just a quick drawing (it's for free as usual) with pencil and chalk from a reference picture he got from the his mate ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AyaSisterSigned.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	461.7 KB 
ID:	66689  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

She has a right come hither look in her eyes Cesare, fine painting again
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I agredee with Katie, that look in her eyes is very interesting. Fine job.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Nice job on this portrait, Caesar..very expressive pose and eyes..as Katie and BB noted.....

Love the portrait Caesar and yes those eyes, wonderful job

Dear Katie, I guess she's got an age when girls start fancying a little bit about love and boys and aren't anymore fully innocent and unaware. This is what she could be expressing even under the conventional modesty of her religiously induced modesty of dressing. She's not going to be a nun I expect (no more than the Monza's nun of Alessandro Manzoni book wished to), even if she may look so. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner. I obviously tried to emphasize a little bit her eyes and pose as they appeared in the picture to make the portrait a more psychologcally and aesthetically expressive.

Dear Gary, my best abstracts probably refers to what a person may be willing to communicate and it's enough a little hint to me for guessing and illustrating right enough the feeling of the moment or the character. Not being a real artist, this is possibly my little natural talent which drives most of l my efforts and learning. Thank You!

The last decades of intense immigration made considerably more varied our human panorama, dear Pat. It's a great advantage for drawing and painting and we may also learn furtherly how much similar we all are, wherever we are from. Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Somehow, seeing the thread title I thought about the ancient Egyptian Queen. Maybe, because the Queens have some influence on almost anything, I do in Art actually? But It's also probably, you just got to accustom us to ancient world in your work?

In any case, another nice painting from you Caesar

a ver nice portrait, Caesar . But me thinks she's old enough to know what her eyes are saying

The last time a girl that young looked at me like that, (About five decades ago.) her father threatened me with an ax handle.

You're really pumping up your son's esteem at school! Well done papa!

These kids should treasure these pictures. But as a descendant of Cleopatra, she could go into denial, I mean de Nile at any time.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream