ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getaway

Getaway

A place I go to quite often............in my mind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Getaway.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	440.8 KB 
ID:	66645  
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Really good Peter, great job on the realism of the water.
    Geoff

Peter a very real place excellently painted esp the water and sky... good to have you back posting again..

Your landscapes got apparently more summery touch. It's cool, and fresh to look at.

Looks wonderful so lovely and peaceful

More like your paint brush takes you there. . . Doing these landscapes often one is led by what happens when you get something and then go Aha! I'll develop it in this fashion -- sort of a journey taking us there.

Are you now picturing some landscape now in your mind ahead of time, Pete?

Anyway, it's funny, just yesterday I was going to post something in General Chat if somebody knew what became of you, whether you got lost on your way back to France from Jolly ol' England. You had a nice long visit then?

Well, you're back with a great new kind of subject. Very majestic landscape. I love the brushwork particularly in the far hills. And as was said by limey-g the water is terrific.

You may want to check out the artist Bierstadt for further ideas in this direction. You are already painting like him to some degree. The natural majesty is the common thread between you.

Bravo and welcome back!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A beautiful scene

Amazing that this is digital!

I really like this Peter

Earle

Hi to all...............

before the thanks let me please explain my holiday in England.............the first week(organised by my eldest daughter Michelle) was.................to say the very least...................HECTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Here is how it went............

first I'll explain the family from France..........My beautiful Wife Cathy............my two beautiful children.........Océane and Pierre............and my wonderful Mother-in-law..........Merine (who has just turned 76 and has never been out of France) and me (THE GRUMPY OLD MAN)........................

So first day................meet ALL the Family.............my two daughters and five Grandchildren and us................too much to eat.........too much to drink........................ and all this after an 850km drive and a 5 hour sea crossing.................OH.............where's my bed???????

Day 2...........Océane goes horse riding in the New Forest and I take Pierre to the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu.................where does everyone else go (I hear you ask) ............. SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 3............This was the day I had planned to just relax a bit and "chill out" so to speak.....................Nah!!!!!................ .. my eldest was not buying that............so off we go into the most horrendous English weather you can possibly imagine.................you know what I mean................rain arriving horizontally in your face , born on the stiffest of winds from the West,the coldest April day I can ever remember...............and where did our brave troop go???..............to a charming seaside village on the south coast called Swanage..............Now.......... please let me qualify "charming".....it really is..............in good weather!
    From Swanage we boarded a "real" train.......Steam! choof choof choof...........OK now things are looking better as I explain to my extended family how daddy/grandad used to travel on these trains when he was a lad....................the journey finishes before I can finish my story and we go to visit Corffe Castle ...........a Norman ruin set up on a steep hill (Oh my legs.........my legs) then back to Swanage where my Belle-Mere Merine, eats fish and chips for the first time in her life.............she loves it...........after all the French horror stories about English food she has learned that the French talk a lot about THEIR cuisine but the English keep quiet about their food and just enjoy it!!!

Day 4.............a walk in the New Forest appreciating the wildlife then in the afternoon we're off to London...........check into a hotel and set off on a normal doubledecker bus to see some sights............Pierre and Océane are thrilled to bits to ride upstairs and right at the front on a bus they have only seen pictures of.
    Goognight!

Day 5...............intense London sightseeing and SHOPPING!!!!!!! Train back to my daughter's house in the evening to have a well deserved sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Day 6 leave the New Forest to head to my second daughter's house in Portsmouth.................. we spend two days with Melanie ............SHOPPING...............then we head off to Reading and board a boat we'd hired to have a restful four days cruising on the river Thames.............................RESTFUL???????? ???????
    It's a cabin cruiser that sleeps six and the guy at the boatyard explains the controls to me (I have done this several times before) but I listen closely because the boat is different...........there are two steering positions ....one up high and out in the open and the other .............down in the cabin..............and he explains that to switch positions all I need to do is push a lever from one place to another...................Great ............we're off!
    Now at this point in the narrative I have to explain that,unknown to me,I had chosen the wettest April in 100 years!..............you all know what's coming next don't you?
    The lever to change from outside steering to inside STICKS HALFWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am wearing a US Navy Peacoat....................100% Melton wool and Heavy Man.................after the first deluge it becomesREEEALLYYY HEAVY MAN!!!!!!
    We spent four days like this and then stayed one more day with Melanie and came home to France.............and when I asked..........everyone said they'd had a great holiday!
    Proving there's n'owt as queer as folk!

So thank you each and every one for your comments!
    Last edited by Peter Pinckney; 05-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Hahahaha. So ye did a life at sea re-enactment for holiday, is it? I especially could visualize the blue sponge of a pea coat getting heavier and heavier, with you hollering at the 'crew' through the cold spray, "Avast, ye lubbers! YAR! I'm captain of this here vessel. . . and what I say goes, HAR! Shiver me timbers! Hoist the bumper sticker what says I'd Rather Be Paintin'". . . and there you go sailing off into the distance disappearing through the weather with you leading the grand kids in song "In the Navy. . ."

Horizontal rain says it all, lad. Very fun. You have a gift with words. I see a movie in this one or at least a TV series. . .

Good to see you made landfall. What a trip, eh? Thanks for the yarn, ye old barnacle. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream