ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to integrate a grid?

Question How to integrate a grid?

Hello,
    Is it possible to place a grid on a layer?
    I want to crisscross an image to increase the landmarks.

If you have one of Studio versions of ArtRage, you could use Andy's Grid script, found here. If you're using Pro, you could also try downloading and using filters for grid making. If you don't have either of the studios, or you prefer to do things by hand, just pull out a couple of ruler stencils and draw away.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you for your response.
    I have the Pro version.
    How do you charge for filters?
    I have not found the filter grid on the Web.
    Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by GREG49 View Post
    Thank you for your response.
    I have the Pro version.
    How do you charge for filters?
    I have not found the filter grid on the Web.
    Can you help me?

I've been using Richard Rosenman's filter, which can be downloaded (for free) here: Link. You'll find it about halfway down the page.

Filters in folder but not recognized by artrage

I have downloaded filters, opened filter folder via Tools-UserContent, i've also used preferences to add my own filter folder with same files as the folder that User content-filters uses. I then quit and restarted ArtRage Pro 3.5... when I go to Edit-Filters , all i get is "reuse last filter". What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by cbwarren View Post
    I have downloaded filters, opened filter folder via Tools-UserContent, i've also used preferences to add my own filter folder with same files as the folder that User content-filters uses. I then quit and restarted ArtRage Pro 3.5... when I go to Edit-Filters , all i get is "reuse last filter". What am I doing wrong?
    Just to be sure you're putting them in the correct folder, Open ArtRage and then go to Tools > User Content > Open ArtRage Filters Folder. If that is the folder you've been putting the filter files in, the make sure the files you're putting into it aren't compressed files. If the files have a .zip or .rar extension on them, they've been compressed and need to have the filter files extracted. In some cases the files are bundle in a way that they need to be installed, so be sure that's also not the case. The files you're putting in the folder should have a .8bf extension.

Importing filters

Yes, that is the folder I've put them into and the files are in the format ****8bf.
    Other importing ( textures, colors,etc) works, only filters does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Just to be sure you're putting them in the correct folder, Open ArtRage and then go to Tools > User Content > Open ArtRage Filters Folder. If that is the folder you've been putting the filter files in, the make sure the files you're putting into it aren't compressed files. If the files have a .zip or .rar extension on them, they've been compressed and need to have the filter files extracted. In some cases the files are bundle in a way that they need to be installed, so be sure that's also not the case. The files you're putting in the folder should have a .8bf extension.

Hi cbwarren
    If you want a reference grid then there's one you can download from this thread here in the forums; http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...and-Studio-Pro
    Its by AndyRage and is a AR script file. Be sure to right click on the link and chose Save Link As… or you will just get text displayed in your browser!

As for the filter you downloaded not showing in AR, what OS are you using? That filter Someonesane sugested was written for Windows OS.
    I have a Mac and as an experiment tried putting that same filter in my filters folder and like you, AR doesn't see it.

yes of course, the problem is exactly as you suggest: i am on a MAC.....thanks!