ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scattered Bones

Scattered Bones

under the sea, at the site of an ancient wreck... jacktar51's influence ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scattered Bones.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	493.1 KB 
ID:	66539  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 04-29-2012 at 06:54 AM.

You're doing great! Has a primary childlike, finger paint quality. It would be thematically appropriate as well considering paleontology as studying the childhood of life on the planet.

Carl Jung would also approve based on where he was coming from as well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

really encourage folks to click on the image and then the magnifying glass to see this one at full size. there's so much to see of texture and
    beautiful colors. I see the bone shapes scattered throughout as well. it's a great homage to Jack. methinks I even see his Portrait face peering out at me.

Really? I can kinda make out a face. And I can see a dirk or belaying pin.

Based on it being a variation on a head, it's brilliant. I can't say I would have made that connection, but having had it pointed out, I can kinda see it.

I haven't been looking super close, examining little details for hidden info. It's a cool idea. But there's just so much time I can put into viewing one painting. Were it sitting on my wall where I could look at it over time, I would doubtless have lots of things emerge over time. And that's the difference, I suppose, between a first read and a second read etc.

Going through these online, I'm not one to look overlong at any one in particular. But there are those who do, clearly.

So it's nice to know it's layered. Good for the ones who own it.

Thanks screenpainter for pointing it out. I will in future linger.

GXHPainter, your stuff has gotten very good indeed. I really like the stylization of a face. Has a bit of a primitive body markings or tattoos or decorative scarring kind of Queequeg from Moby Dick kind of mariner feel.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gary, another one that catches the eyes, just love your talent

Albert. I am so happy you took the time to look at a larger scale as most of my works are quite large the layering and details become clearer and I hope add to the work. the small size for the forum destroys a lot.

D Akey...I am always pleased to get your comments, they are helpful and provide an idea of how my work is perceived and if I am catching peoples eye with color, form. I do try to put in multiple layers of meaning, and form that work together so for those that take the time more is revealed under different lights, I think a really good work has to provide under all lighting and the first glance should grab their attention but reward them as they look longer...

Pat.. thanks so glad for your constant support!..

GxhPainter... Wow my favorite !!!

Best,

Weeks

Weeks...as a big fan of your work, this is an especially rewarding comment.

I see a face peeping out throught the wonderful bright colours, well done Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Katie, thanks for your kind comment!...