ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Portrait

Portrait

They say that you should never chop off parts of the head,in photography and in paintings...Well I think a close up means a close up not a chopped off bust( Head and shoulders) I think that should be kept for statues,its ok for posed pictures I suppose,but what the hell, some rules was made by fools,so relax and do your thing, there are rules that are just aching to be broken,use a bit of artistic licence,I'm sure they cant lock you up for it !!!Anyway heres a little picture,its a CLOSE UP....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close up.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	66498  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Rules are for squares! Wonderful image, breaking the rules here has brought an wonderful intimacy to the work.

There is something about this piece that just draws you in. Well done.

Jack, this is wonderful, very drawn to this portrait, one rule that does not apply to this painting, great work, btw Jack, thanks so much for the compliment on my Pino painting, and yes DAkey has helped me a lot and I am so greatful for his input

Great expression. The lad with the frosty hair has some soul. The soft focus and the reflections in the eyes gives it the feeling of something of an avatar, or holy man/universal spirit kind of character. Youthful countenance showing he's in his prime, in spite of the ancient quality given by the white hair.

Thanks Pat, but you're the painter. Credit where credits is due. I'm just hollering encouragement from the sidelines.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nicely done. Very lifelike.

Such gentle eyes!

well done. congrats Jack. about time you did a portrait of D Akey.

very nice work dear Jack
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

This is tops Jack, keep looking at it as his eyes really grab me. Good idea you have there and works really well
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307