ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blue Vase

Blue Vase

Did this one last night in the last few minutes before I went to bed. I liked how it came out for such a quick sketch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like it!

I like the quick brushstrokes and the colors.

it's a great little impressionist piece for a quick one.keep in mind that even though the brush strokes are loose in impressionism, the paintings will still give regard to geometry and perspective. it seems to me the neck of the vase would look better slightly higher according to the shape of the jar. see what you think.
    pretty little piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Mule, everything is there : comp, light, shadows... Good !

Best,

Weeks

Thanks Weeks and Marilyn Anne for the kind comments.

Screenpainter, great observation and I can see your point and it does look "more accurate" and even a little better composed, but this was a painting was with little to no sketching before defining out the mass and its intent was nothing more that just trying to capture the moment. It is important to me at this point in my painting experience to get the feeling right and worry less about accuracy. It is not that accuracy is not important to me but it is less important than trying to just capture the moment. I believe that accuracy will come with experience but I don't want to loose the raw feeling of what the light is doing by being bogged down in the details which I always seem to have done in a lot of my past paintings. Again thanks for the help.

Beautiful Vase
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/