Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Pin-Up, Batman. . .

Holy Pin-Up, Batman. . .

Howdy.

Seeing as you all have been painting lovely ladies of stage and screen. . . not to mention pulp magazines and workshop callendars, here's a website for those of you who are interested. Challenge is to take one or all pics to paint. Could be quite fun to see the results.

Follow the links. They're generally strait pics, not with the story telling of an Elvgren. But do what you will. . . straight or creative. They're just a great starting point.

http://www.aeolia.net/legs/hof.htm

Here's a photo I had sitting on my hard drive for years of Mary Tyler Moore.

No idea who the photographer was, but look at how he made the legs look like they go on for miles. . . That's a great model and a great photographer. Gives an idea of how to stage things to your advantage. Also love the patterns.

Have fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mary+tyler+moore.jpg 
Views:	3400 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	66422  
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You, dear D Akey for showing us where we may possibly dig out vintage pin-up models ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Twaager Guest

Unhappy Ugliest site i ever seen?

Ugliest site i ever seen? Made in HTML hardcoding with no graphical skills at all IMHO. It hurts my sensible artistic eyes. The pinups looks a lot better

I am working on a Numar portrait for you DA. I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot of wip 4DAkey.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	66903  
    Last edited by Alexandra; 05-14-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Fabulous shot of MTM!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

I like that!
    =====
    and the end. (No more free disk space for the undos... Compressed at 30% (700mb — real size, and 200mb is the compressed undos), but it turned out, that the 200mb is`n enough for the A4, so I stop the drawing.)
    It's interesting, can I use the win32 api to truncate files from the front, in the place, — without copying?
    Attachment 99184
    draft — no free disk space to undo (all but 200mb was used for the gitRepos...)

MP4 https://yadi.sk/i/FRePwPFu2SgbNg
    ----
    the following was based on a goggled-painting, without any tracing etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rg_based_on_goggled_img_15m_draft_Untitled-32.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	99437

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rg_draft_3m_001.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	99605
    Last edited by roma Golich; 01-18-2024 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Removed after the Enug's a thrust.

Photo can make you jealous of Dick VanDyke.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Yes! It's good old BnW cinema style.

Surprised to see this old thread pop up again. Nice to see.

Enjoy! Lots of beautiful women in the world clearly willing to pose -- all to our benefit as artists. The photos are taking us quite a ways to making beautiful paintings. And I still love that shot of Mary Tyler Moore. One of my favorites.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

She looked a real smasher in the series "Dick van Dyke show", but the video, I have discovered, was in very bad quality and without .srt. And, the photo-shot's composition... is super.
    Last edited by roma Golich; 07-04-2020 at 01:16 AM.