ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Zen Glyph

Zen Glyph

I call this one Zen Glyph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yenyang (2).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	66388

I edited to look like this.

Name:	YenYang Glyph. (2).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	66389

Called this one Zen Lost.

Name:	Zen lost..jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	66390
    Last edited by shadowslake; 04-24-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Very cool. Very 60s psychedelic poster graphic feel. Clever use of the stencils to make ornamental details. Well done. The transparency layers are also a cool device for filling in the space using your original motif.

Oddly enough just before seeing your art, I was looking at a tutorial on guitar playing from the late 60s. Funny. Maybe that put me in mind of the 60s.

I wish Peter Pinckney was here. He's traveling I think. But he played guitar in a band back then called Aubrey Small. He's go for this in a big way too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

that's very clever. it's a french curve stencil yes? I love the montage version most.

Absolutely cool! Take life and art ... with phylosophy ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    that's very clever. it's a french curve stencil yes? I love the montage version most.

Yes I placed all the stencels down after doing the background then painted the large spots instead of each stencil. I started doing it wrong and changed to this way. Only took a couple of hrs to set everything then revamp them into what you see now.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very cool. Very 60s psychedelic poster graphic feel. Clever use of the stencils to make ornamental details. Well done. The transparency layers are also a cool device for filling in the space using your original motif.

Oddly enough just before seeing your art, I was looking at a tutorial on guitar playing from the late 60s. Funny. Maybe that put me in mind of the 60s.

I wish Peter Pinckney was here. He's traveling I think. But he played guitar in a band back then called Aubrey Small. He's go for this in a big way too.
    The only thing that would have made it more interesting to me would have been if I had a stencel of elvish charaters and sprites instead of the simple one I used to arange the design arount the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowslake View Post
    The only thing that would have made it more interesting to me would have been if I had a stencel of elvish charaters and sprites instead of the simple one I used to arange the design arount the glyph.
    You can make your own stencils from BW (I believe). So if you grab some of the Dungeons and Dragons graphics or something from The Lord of the Rings for Elvish runes and glyphs, you can make them do what you did with the shapes in this pic. I think you can either import the images to convert or you can make your own.

I'm sure there are tutorials on how to do this on this site. I have not used that feature myself though many others are great at it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    You can make your own stencils from BW (I believe). So if you grab some of the Dungeons and Dragons graphics or something from The Lord of the Rings for Elvish runes and glyphs, you can make them do what you did with the shapes in this pic. I think you can either import the images to convert or you can make your own.

I'm sure there are tutorials on how to do this on this site. I have not used that feature myself though many others are great at it.

I discovered how to last night but didn't put the revalation togather untill today for their use after forming them. I am growing by leaps and bounds but struggle to keep up with the discoveries and their possiable uses.