ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: TIFF file specifics

TIFF file specifics

Hi,

I use StudioPro and am working on large canvases which I plan to submit using Tiff file format. The company I am submitting to has stipulated that

- when saving TIFF file please deselect the color option: Embed Color Profile
    - image compression: LZW
    - pixel order: interleaved
    - Byte Order: IBM PC

At present I flatten all layers and export my work from Artrage as a TIFF file (no save options available) and then re-open the work in Photoshop Elements ( I can't afford Photoshop) and then save it as a Tiff file again using the PSE TIFF options window to satisfy the above stipulations.

Ideally I would just like to save my Artrage work as an Artrage tiff file but as I have no options box I am not sure how my work is saved in this TIFF file.

Does anyone know please? I would also like to know if reopening my Artrage work in PSE and then resaving it affects the quality.

Thanks for listening!

liz

Hi Liz,

The operating system decides on the format of tiff to save in. There is not quality loss so it can be opened and resaved in a different format by the printer if they want to. I'd recommend saving a sample tiff and sending it to them to see if that is what they are after.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design