ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Old lady. Not quite happy with her but here she is.

Old lady. Not quite happy with her but here she is.

Keep in mind this is my first face painting ever.

Name:  my first face attempt phase 3 (2).jpg
Views: 243
Size:  118.9 KB

Is it really so bad I leave you all speachless. LOL I konw it is terable but is my first try at this.

She must be a saint with that halo around her grinning face!
    You have a good sensibility for tones (but they remain in a quite limited range) and the image in Your mind, but You certainly need to follow some sort of course and tutorial as a leverage to discover and express Your hidden talents, like Michelangelo carving out the statue from a marble stone.
    Even copy excercise would fit, provided the observation will lead to tricks and rules You store. Any novice is either taught or self-taught.
    Finally, try to understand if Your attitude is either more for painting or for drawing when You start an image. The approaches may bea little different.
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    She must be a saint with that halo around her grinning face!
    You have a good sensibility for tones (but they remain in a quite limited range) and the image in Your mind, but You certainly need to follow some sort of course and tutorial as a leverage to discover and express Your hidden talents, like Michelangelo carving out the statue from a marble stone.
    Even copy excercise would fit, provided the observation will lead to tricks and rules You store. Any novice is either taught or self-taught.
    Finally, try to understand if Your attitude is either more for painting or for drawing when You start an image. The approaches may bea little different.
    I do need to study up on face production. I like to produce many kinda of paintings and drawings. Some of my work borders both and makes the idea hard to fallow at times. As a noob that seaks knolage I will do what I can to gain it. Thanks for the advice. The entire production of this painting was from my head.

old lady

You have made a point which I have noticed in the flix. In the black & white era eyeballs & teeth are the brightest whites. In the fifties the teeth were whiter than the eyeballs. But today, the eyeballs are the whitest & the fangs are sort of yellowish. So her face is flat as a pie pan, you still made an astute observation. Carry on!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMIL View Post
    You have made a point which I have noticed in the flix. In the black & white era eyeballs & teeth are the brightest whites. In the fifties the teeth were whiter than the eyeballs. But today, the eyeballs are the whitest & the fangs are sort of yellowish. So her face is flat as a pie pan, you still made an astute observation. Carry on!!
    Well thank you. Yes I felt bright white teath would not fit on an old lady and it be a part of her charater. Maby she smoked? Drank coffee? Just did not take care of her teeth? Either way most old people who still have teeth have rather imperfect teeth. Nice of you to notice. I will keep studying and working on face devolopement. This was my first face ever in any kind of medium.