ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: so I did some reading on eye production.

so I did some reading on eye production.

Here is the first attempt to make a eye with this new technique.

Any advice?

Name:  Blue eye (2).jpg
Views: 111
Size:  78.8 KB

Disquietingly cool! You've got an eye ... for eyes. What about a light yellow-orange background?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Disquietingly cool! You've got an eye ... for eyes. What about a light yellow-orange background?

I wish I had an eye for noses. They are more dificult for me to do.

Overall a nice result

However I have to note a few anatomical foibles. The pupil seems to be markedly off-center which, unless we're looking at the eye in perspective, shouldn't be the case. The inner edge of the iris could be good deal sharper: functionally the fuzzy edge you show wouldn't be good for one's vision. The area of the iris itself could have a bumpier texture depending on what eye you're trying to represent. Human eyes, and those of other mammals, have a relatively marked radial texture, as you hint on your drawing, while birds tend to have theirs finely grained. This is due to the different type of muscle in the iris, counter-intuitively smooth on mammals and striated on birds. Of course don't take my word for it: the Internet is at your disposal... and I'm not sure I can post links yet.

I think the key to this "art game", as it were, is observation and practice. Give it time: might take a while to get things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracontes View Post
    Overall a nice result

However I have to note a few anatomical foibles. The pupil seems to be markedly off-center which, unless we're looking at the eye in perspective, shouldn't be the case. The inner edge of the iris could be good deal sharper: functionally the fuzzy edge you show wouldn't be good for one's vision. The area of the iris itself could have a bumpier texture depending on what eye you're trying to represent. Human eyes, and those of other mammals, have a relatively marked radial texture, as you hint on your drawing, while birds tend to have theirs finely grained. This is due to the different type of muscle in the iris, counter-intuitively smooth on mammals and striated on birds. Of course don't take my word for it: the Internet is at your disposal... and I'm not sure I can post links yet.

I think the key to this "art game", as it were, is observation and practice. Give it time: might take a while to get things right.
    Thank you for taking the time to educate me futher. I am just starting out and know I have a long way to go. I will do some more searching on techniques to devolopeing the eye creation futher. I did noticed it was slightly off centered as well. I spent about 3 hours devolopeing the technique I used so far. I know I can do and will do beter. Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by shadowslake; 04-19-2012 at 12:06 AM.