ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Thinking of Home

Thinking of Home

Heres a mariner far away from his own land,the sand is similar, but its not from his homeland.....Hope you like the picture...Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Where are the sands of home.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	471.3 KB 
ID:	66005  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Great head and expression. It really communicates the mood you're after. Well done, Jack.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

If I were to try to tell a story around what this picture portrays to me it would be something like this.

He is not thinking of home as a place but a lost loved one and is thinking about what to do with the person/s to blame for his loss. He took a min to think on his loss before pouring out his rage. I am kinda strange I know but it is how it makes me feel. He feels his loss yet knows he will never hold the one he loves again and thus never return home.

Really nice Jack, great atmosphere with that subdued lighting that you are so good at.
    Geoff

You can really see in his face the longing for SOMETHING, well done Jack once again
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Ok then if we're doing captions,lol...How about"" I dont think the potato's are going to do very well in this stuff!""....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktar51 View Post
    Ok then if we're doing captions,lol...How about"" I dont think the potato's are going to do very well in this stuff!""....Jack.
    How about "Water?"

Very interesting!

Deep in thought!

The interpretation bit is very interesting. On the guitar you can have the exact same notes for both the major and the minor version of a scale. The difference is in context of what you're playing to. Seems this is what's happening here as well with the interpretations changing the feel, because I can see all of them being right for this expression.

I think he is in the Pirates of the Caribbean playing Hamlet reciting "Alas, Jack Sparrow. . . I knew him Keith Richards. . . t'was ne'er as big as the Rolling Stones upon the sandy shore. . ."
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream