ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage and DiscKeypad

ArtRage and DiscKeypad

Here's a video link to a demo of an input device that promises greater control and speedier access to all of the main functions in ArtRage ... You may have to get past a 10-second shampoo commercial in Chinese, but the demo itself has no voice-over, which is just as well, because that would be in Chinese too

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/BBqS_BRwnPU/?fr=rec1
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Well that looks potentially very interesting Chinapete. If they can come up with one that fits onto the Ipad and other handhelds that you can work with your non-drawing hand while holding the thing . . . . that might prove rather popular also.

Thanks for pointing us this way. Definitely something to watch out for, in whatever form it eventually makes it to the west.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Did some searching and found the site from the manifacturer

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...z8ZwmbkqoaMbXA
    Last edited by haakoo; 04-12-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Nickillus and haakoo ... On the Chinese t-mall sites, such taobao.com, I see the price is somewhere between 168 RMB to 250 RMB (about $28 to $40) ... of course, it works with other software, such as Rhinoceros and CAD programs, not just AR ...

I'd like that device or sth similar as a way to organize my workflow ... I tend to work very fast, but that means I have to prepare everything in advance and have it all at hand ... I want to minimize thinking about or remembering how I got a certain effect ... Not only palette, but all the elements of the work should be organized in advance, just as I would do with natural media ...

The AR team has done a fabulous job with AR Pro, yet I find that my order of preference for AR is iPad, iPhone and then the laptop -- mainly because the input devices for the laptop -- mouse, tablet -- in many ways hinder my workflow ... (I recognize others are successful and I'm expressing personal limitations) ...

Air Display is cumbersome on the iPad, so I thought there might be a hardware solution for the laptop, a way to augment or replace my Wacom Bamboo tablet ... That's what encouraged me to look around on the Chinese websites, because some Chinese artists are interested in "speed painting," so I was wondering how they do that ...
    Artrage Gallery

You might also want to look at the PS3 Navigation controlled used a free key remapping program like Joy2Key or XPadder. This allows you to essentially use a wireless remote control sized device in one hand with a large assortment of ergonomically designed buttons that you can then program to specific key shortcuts using the free key mapping program. An very good time saving and work-flow streamlining tool, IMO.

Here's a link to the conversation I was part of.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...someone-2.html

I've also been developing an AutoHotkey setup that really streamlines my process in Artrage as well, with buttons for key shortcuts that I've made-- in particular for things that are normally only in drop down menus and what not, etc. It's very useful as well.

This product does look pretty cool as well though! Similar in function, just corded, and therefore possibly not as portable.

Extreme interest.

Steve B, that's good info and a great link, thanks! ...
    Artrage Gallery

I'm actually pretty excited to share the AUto Hotmey Setup we've been working on as well. I started it to streamline my workflow on a tablet pc, where every square inch of screen real estate is at a premium, but IMO it would be useful for anyone that wants to get away from using a keyboard and yet also wants a very clean, minimalist work space. The whole interface is only about 1" wide and 2-3" long. It has buttons to bring up things like the Color Palette and the Layers panel, but it also has special things like Undo and Redo buttons that you can press and hold to get repeated undos without having to repeatedly tap it, buttons that relate to pen drag input like Zoom, Resize, and Rotate, buttons to quickly move between tools, etc, as well as special buttons to pull up functions that normally require going into the menus if you don't have a keyboard (select and invert layer contents, for instance). I've really liked having it to paint with.

I'll post a screen shot of it in use and share it later. I'm not at my computer right now. If people are interests in having me share it, let me know. We've mostly been trying to work out the bugs.

Sounds very cool ... as Doc says, Extreme interest! ...
    Artrage Gallery