ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Google Art Project ...

Google Art Project ...

... I see Google has sort of borrowed my idea of highlighting details of the artworks that can be viewed at participating museums via Google Art Project ...
    http://www.googleartproject.com/
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

it looks interesting, but the navigation is terrible. Edited: It works great now as of 3.7.14.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-09-2014 at 07:09 AM.

The Google Art Project is reviewed in today's New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/ar...ings.html?_r=1
    Artrage Gallery

The opening shot is great. Very well designed visually, but the navigation is not as easy as it might be. I get your intention in showing a seminal or parallel experience. It's very good in that way.

I must say you did them one better. I find your work much more interesting in the couple pics I looked at on that site. It's like you really ran with the idea and made it your own, certainly your intention was different. They were looking past it. You were looking at it. Good job and thanks for the link.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, D Akey ... I think Google also borrowed something from Apple's retina display ... On the jump page, if you right click and hold the mouse you can see any area of the artwork in magnified mode ... In my own work, I sort of know what details I want to explore, that intuition comes from years of looking at paintings and, I guess, comparing them in my mind's eye until I can envision a different work of art emerging in my own style ...
    Artrage Gallery

Just a note to update. This site works beautifully. A friend posted this link and I was about to post it for folks, then I did a search and found it had been posted already by Chinapete. Guess maybe I just got better at navigating.

http://www.google.com/culturalinstit...ct/art-project
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-09-2014 at 07:13 AM.

I did an article on the google art project a few years ago when BobbyRay did his magazine for Artrage,

Quote Originally Posted by MagenSparks View Post
    I did an article on the google art project a few years ago when BobbyRay did his magazine for Artrage,
    I forget about that. The thing about forgetting things is things become brand new all over again.

I really like the project it's a great benefit for those who may never get a chance to go to some places. What I found fascinating was how close you could zoom in on some items. You could get far closer with the Project than you ever could visiting the actual place. You can see mistakes or even notes the artists made on the canvas. Although, I think visiting the image and seeing it with your own eyes has greater appeal.