ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contemplation

Smile Contemplation

a few days ago I got some time to paint, and that's what I came up with ...
    it took quite a long time to finish, but I had fun creating this "mandala"
    it was very relaxing although it was a lot of work

done entirely with sticker sprays (mostly my own ones), paint tube (for the base circles), and some strokes with the paint roller tool for the background.

each circle was created from start to finish - first the paint tube circle (two of them to be accurate, to get rid of the "dark blob" which shows up when lifting the paint tube tool), then various sticker sprays. then I changed colour/size of the tools and proceeded with the next circle, trying to get the same results by remembering the sticker spray presets I used before

finally I used the "Sphere String" default sticker spray with spray rate set to zero to place every single "pearl" by hand, changing colours on the way

I like how the circles change from being "comic style" (largest circle) to rather porcelain looking ones in the end.

the original file looks much more crisp than the .jpg I am posting here, but I hope you like it nevertheless

[click to enlarge]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200408_Contemplation_WEB.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	485.8 KB 
ID:	65925
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

That is really beautiful! I love mandalas. Every year the local Tibetan buddhist monks would make them in sand and the sweep them to show the impermanence of all things.

It's my desktop!

Thanks you!

In peace

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I think its great, and I do agree with you about the porcelain look of the inner circles,well done,you have lots of patience as well as artistic skill.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

An islamic-like type of art ... Fantastic!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I would say Islamic-Maya_like Ceasar

Great job MSIE.

Best,

Weeks

Phenomenal. Really amazing craftsmanship. And it looks wonderful. It emanates and radiates out. Also noteworthy to me is how it looks like antique carved ivory toward the center and gets more modern feeling, a cross between pop graphic art and precious metal, as it nears the edge.

I find it hard to take in all the detail at once so I switch my focus between examining details and then sort of taking it all in as a whole, and then back to the details. And the impression is decidedly different for each way of looking at it.

Very, very cool. Like a tooled piece of ornamental jewelry.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very hipnotic. Nicely done.

MSIE...wow what a very special piece...it has so many great qualities as the others have noted... quite exceptional..!.

Gosh it never even occurred to me to try a mandala with artrage. What a clever and beautiful idea you followed
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Wonderful idea and wonderful effect
    Very laborious as you said, but the result is perfect. Cool
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant