ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field trip ...

Field trip ...

... to the Portland Art Musuem ... here is something of what I saw ... of course, to manage these details, I had to stand very close to the works of art ... so I made friends with a number of security guards, hehe ...

... this will lessen the shock when you see these instances from Corot, Hassam and Rothko resurface in future paintings
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

fantastic..cool idea...can't wait to see your interpretations and explorations from these..

Thanks for the heads-up :-)
    I like these a lot!

Gulliver would doubtless consider your work hyper realism.

Very cool pursuit, this close up close up stuff.

Do you find that taking the camera that close is different than cropping super tight? I mean for your purposes, which doesn't seem to be about detail, but the opposite where you expand it into a different picture altogether owing to the simplified composition and elimination of the original context.

Go, CP, Go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi D'A ... I think I just cropped your name ... It was a bit of an adventure taking those close-ups with an iPhone ... I got as near to a painting as I could, took photos or stood there sketching an area of interest, prompting security guards to come over, ask me what I was doing ... Told them, showed them ArtRage ... That's pretty cool, they'd say, you can paint on your phone ...

About the details, every allusion is an explosion of meaning into new contexts, every quotation summons up entire fictional worlds, every text blossoms as an intertext ... thus Gulliver, and Kubla Khan, and Alice, and so on through the Doors of Perception ... In every painting I see an exquisite mosaic, but especially in my own ...
    Artrage Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    Hi D'A ... I think I just cropped your name ... It was a bit of an adventure taking those close-ups with an iPhone ... I got as near to a painting as I could, took photos or stood there sketching an area of interest, prompting security guards to come over, ask me what I was doing ... Told them, showed them ArtRage ... That's pretty cool, they'd say, you can paint on your phone ...

About the details, every allusion is an explosion of meaning into new contexts, every quotation summons up entire fictional worlds, every text blossoms as an intertext ... thus Gulliver, and Kubla Khan, and Alice, and so on through the Doors of Perception ... In every painting I see an exquisite mosaic, but especially in my own ...
    Hahah on the cropped handle, and right on with the mosaic reference. You seem to be an aesthetic allusionist. I see it that way too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Especially like the subtle and muted colors and mood of the first one. Great!

interesting excerpts you are exploring.

Hi screenpainter, thanks ... I've been following your "abstracts" thread with a great deal of interest -- the tremendous variety of tools you are able to bring to bear on those works, many of which I haven't tried, sadly I have a somewhat limited repertoire, chalk and pencil and a little water ... I'm working my way up to oils

When I compare your "abstracts" thread with your "Menzie" -- a study to be admired as much for the results as for the persistence it took to complete it -- I think my explorations lie somewhere in between, a kind of balancing act involving the world of digital art and what I know about real or natural media ...

I noticed that early on in the "abstracts" thread you produced a "Pollock" ... Maybe one day ArtRage will create a "full body" tool -- where the artist is completely wired and every gesture, not just hand or wrist or arm, can be recorded ... I'm doing this on a very small scale -- I consider my current experiments to be a kind of "splatter painting" -- a controlled splattering ...
    Artrage Gallery

Pete. I can see the pear 2 oranges think you've made the grapes too blue Are they like that in China The evening on the beach brings back memory's
    Like that one. I can see its a animo resting a sheep...cow. Nah I 've settled
    For a Badger