ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: CP - Untitled

CP - Untitled

Well chinapete ask for it... here is my "untitled" ready for someone to hang a name on it....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CP-Untitled.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	65826  

Wow this is spooky Gary, I have just finished a painting with a dancer and the background is sooooooo much alike. Great minds eh. Love the painting. Will post mine in a mo
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I just got back from the Portland Art Museum ... Nothing there compares with this

I'd call this "Bridge with Cityscape" ... Reminds me of when I would ride the Staten Island ferry or walk the Brooklyn Bridge just to be able to see the city at some distance and in certain lights ...

Walt Whitman, Hart Crane ... great American poems featuring bridges ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

very pretty solid art piece. a very pleasing aesthetic to this one. can you tell what is the filter you use on these? do you use the filter right inside of artrage? it's a very cool grainy effect. great frame on this one also to set it off beautifully.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.

"Watch your step?" To me it has a great deal of depth perception. Very nice work Gary.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

These are nice designs, GXHPainter. Evocative like holiday boxes of presence.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sandy.. thanks so glad you stopped by and liked this one!

D Akey... thanks and great alliterative comment..evocative in its own right!..

BB.. thanks and a good name.. I put in the idea of varying depths and textures .. glad you caught it.

Albert..thanks mate... I take the work from AR into Photoshop CS5 and back and forth until I get it into the place I want it..making use of many many layers, filters on filters and layer masking to limit effect.. and my own brushes ( the grainy effect ) oils and chalk over it..( your canvas and brushes in AR ) my favorite goto filters are poster edges, rough pastels, drop shadow, inner shadows. I use layer masking at various densities to limit or enhance the buildup of brush and filter effects.

chinapete - a marvelous name..and exactly right..I working towards a memory of walking along the Steel Bridge in Portland and looking at the city along the river with the flat black angle iron lace work imposing its pattern on the scene in the distance..

Gary, this is so wonderful, love the colors and shapes, I see me on top of this magnificent bridge looking down at all the colorful buildings, a View from the Top of the Bridge, great, great job

thanks Pat... so happy you like the colors and shapes here... it wasn't shades of red and pink to start but did an overlay very transparent to unify the composition and liked the results..not my normal choice in colors..