ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Import multiple images/layers?

Gallery
    View images

Import multiple images/layers?

Greetings all.
    I can't believe it's taken me this long to stumble across this absolute GEM of a proggy! I purchased a couple of days ago and haven't got much sleep since.
    Thanks, congratulations, and abject worship to all those involved.

Quick question:
    Is it possible to import images or layers into the current project without replacing what you're doing? Say, for instance, I made a ladybug and exported the layer as a transparent png. The next day I made a leaf for the bug to sit on and wanted to import the image from yesterday as a new layer in the existing project. Is this possible, or do I need to create the entire scene in one file, importing only one element per scene? Every time I try to "import image", AR prompts for a save and then opens a new painting. I realize that this composite can be achieved with any of my other imaging programs, and I'm sure I'll make due, but it'd be nice to modify the environment with the subject present, or re-use any of them in another AR scene altogether.

Is there something I've overlooked?

Thanks again. I'd forgotten how much fun crayons can be.
    People who speak in absolutes are always wrong.

Gallery
    View images
    Currently, there isn't a way to import to a layer, or import multiple layers to an existing project.
    There likely will in a future version - we want to improve the layer support.

However, there's a work-around if you seriously seriously must with the current version. It's a bit convoluted, and not immediately obvious, but here's what you can do.
    Create your painting, and select the layer you want to add the image.
    Load a tracing image - the image you want to add to the layer.
    Click the 'Edit tracing image' button.
    From the Tracing Image Settings pane, select the 'Scale' button.
    Select the 'manual scale' option.
    Now you can use the pan and scale buttons to the left of the tracing preview image to position the tracing image to the position you'd like the imported image to be.
    Click the 'Done' button when you've positioned your tracing image.
    In the preview pane, to the right of the 'edit tracng image' button, click the right arrow to bring up the layer menu options.
    Select 'Convert tracing image to paint on this layer' option.
    This will past the image into the layer at that point.
    Then turn off the tracing paper overlay.

So to recap: Load and position the tracing paper to where you'd like the imported image, then convert to paint in that layer.

I know it's a lot of steps, but it's a work-around until we get some better layer options.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Excelent. Thanks Andy. That works perfectly! I didn't say it had to be easy, just wondering if it was possible.
    People who speak in absolutes are always wrong.