ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: WIP Making a Canoe

WIP Making a Canoe

Practising with the oil. It's been a real struggle but I learned a lot. Not sure if I can improve on this. The guy has about 5 inches of paint on his face already and the blouse only seems to get worse every time I touch it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kanoeman4.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	65807  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Astrila,

Sometimes I have that 'too many layers of paint' problem. I just bust out the eraser tool and start on that small portion again from scratch. That's the beauty of digital, eh... Can't do that on real canvas without ruining the paper!

It's coming along, anyway. Nice pic.

I'm not giving up yet!
    I cleaned up the picture a bit. Printing it on paper really helped. I send the bloke to the hairdresser and improved my main plants. I also added some structure to the background vegetation.
    Take 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canoeman4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	66564  

I loved it immediately upon first seeing it. Perhaps stepping away from it for awhile will renew your looking at it. We can get so deep into it that we can no longer see it objectively.