ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: constructive criticism wanted

constructive criticism wanted

constructive criticism wanted
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Howdy!

Personally, I think the spots on the hills are pretty contrasty. They sort of visually break apart in the context of the painting.

Think hierarchy of shapes so that there is a relationship between the major masses and you can break them up within those big areas -- to where each sot relates to its overall grouping.

It's a good idea. I like your direction and stylization.

Keep going!

i agree with d akey, maybe make the shadows on the hills more subtle? i like the trees though.

Personally, I like this painting. The spots are bold. I noticed the trees to the right, right away.

You have a beautiful style developing in the tradition of the great Hispanic muralists. Please keep it up and do more of them.

Dear Mark......i like this very much, may be silly to say but each tree seems to have its own personality, i like the one in the right side of the gully, just a little tipsy, would like to know what is in the bottom of that gully though, mayby best left unknown,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Overall I like this very muc. It is bold and dramatic. Something subtle bothers me -not sure if it is the spots or the green color? Still I find I like the style and the color with minor points very very much.