ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: shine

shine

Is there any way to make a shiny surface with ArtRage? I'm putting a plaque on my painting and want it to look like metal. I guess the question is How do you make a silver or gold effect?
    Thanks,
    pslane
    Last edited by pslane; 04-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.

just about any tutorial for Photoshop can be adapted to artrage.
    here I did a quick gold metal without a reference... just out of my head.

I selected an area with the selection tool then filled it with a gold color then used the airbrush and felt pen tools to add highlights and shadows.

I also used the preserve transparency lock on a couple layers after deselecting so I could contain the over spray and over painting.

I would recommend using an actual reference or an actual tutorial on how to paint metallic gold and silver objects, but you can sort of get the idea from this pic. I will send you the .ptg file if you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ah, I see. There is no quick way to make silver or gold, then....like with a particular brush. You have to work for it. I will look for tuts but may have better luck just playing around with it like you did. Thanks.

How's this look?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ran into another problem. Is there a way to use this image without the canvas background? Besides cropping?

Yes, you can go to canvas settings and select cel as your canvas and that will make the background transparent.

Also forgot to mention that some folks have used the metallic slider on the color palette to get metallic effects.

Thanks for that good info!