ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Thinking about buying the pro version but...

Thinking about buying the pro version but...

I am going to try out the free version first. I paint with oils right now but looking to move to the less messy and fast drying graphic art world. I am a noob. I dont have a pad yet so will be useing the mouse untill I pick one up. Couple of questions.

1) What is the difference between the free and pro versions?

2) As a computer savy noob with the program is it worth playing with?

Looking forward for responces.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowslake View Post
    I am going to try out the free version first. I paint with oils right now but looking to move to the less messy and fast drying graphic art world. I am a noob. I dont have a pad yet so will be useing the mouse untill I pick one up. Couple of questions.

1) What is the difference between the free and pro versions?

2) As a computer savy noob with the program is it worth playing with?

Looking forward for responces.
    1. The difference between the free version and the pro version is like daylight and dark...but do try the free version first to get the hang of it. It is the absolute best paint program on the market

2. YES !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks for the reply.

The webpage make it look like it emitates real mediums like oil and watercolors. Does the free version allow you to try this out before purchase. I have used both in traditional work before but looking to move to the digital world but wish to preserve the tradtitional look.

The demo version of ArtRage Studio Pro lets you try out all the tools, so you can see how they work before buying the full version.

The limitations of the demo are:

-A limit to the number of presets you can create

- If your image is larger than 1280 x 1024 you can't save it ( you can resize images via Edit -> Resize the painting ). Paintings that are saved will have an ArtRage watermark, but if you decide to purchase the full version, you can open your painting files saved from the demo and save them again to remove this.

- Paintings can be saved as ArtRage painting files ( ptg ) or jpg images. The full version supports ptg, png, tiff, jpg, bmp and psd formats.

If you have any questions when using the demo, feel free to post on the forums or contact us directly via 'send a support request' on our support page at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-support.html and we'll be happy to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Here's the comparison chart for the three different ArtRage programs, currently available: Comparison Chart.

You could always do a search on YouTube for videos using ArtRage, as well. Then you could see how others are using the tools.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Here's the comparison chart for the three different ArtRage programs, currently available: Comparison Chart.

You could always do a search on YouTube for videos using ArtRage, as well. Then you could see how others are using the tools.
    I am useing the free version till I get paid a week from tomorow. Love the program. Useing a mouse untill i buy a pad next month. Is there a tab to make the colors dry so they dont move or mix anymore. I have been working with layers but dont know if there is a smudge tool to use to blend after you combine layer is you can combine them.

Knife tool has smudge preset and you can adjust settings. In your brush settings you can set to instant dry.