ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM - the last sign

PM - the last sign

a not very good exploration of the ideas of Piet Mondrian , someone who's work I have overlooked in the past but finding increasingly interesting...I couldn't quite bring myself to limit the colors and go totally smooth for a finish..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM - the last sign.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	65747  

Gary I like this, it is quite different but that is the artist in you, always wanting to explore and thats what makes it great, very nice job

I quite like your color choices. Also the attempt at contstructivism is successful as well imo. very pretty piece.

pat and Albert. thanks guys I appreciate your indulgence as I chase down yet another trail... but this quote from Piet Mondrian was as true a statement as I could ever hope to say from my current perspective and artistic inclinations:

It is possible that, through horizontal and vertical lines constructed with awareness, but not with calculation, led by high intuition, and brought to harmony and rhythm, these basic forms of beauty, supplemented if necessary by other direct lines or curves, can become a work of art, as strong as it is true. (Piet Mondrian)

Textures and gradations make for a more interesting design so I think that is good. Reminds me of a window looking out on another building quite near.
    Gary, I shall have to check this Mondrian.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

The great thing about Mondrian, particularly for composition geeks, is that his end point is a great beginning. Use his structures as a springboard.

I like it

Earle

gxhpainter,
    "PM - the last sign" has a bold, architectural design sense about it.
    Impressive attention is payed to detailing and textures. A commanding
    piece it is!

Mairzie Dotes

This is so very artistic Gary, the wonderful lines and colours are a treat to view. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

katie.. thanks glad you like this exploration !

Mairzie - I love your comments!... they are always accurate and have a literary quality to them ... thanks!..

EB and Neal.. glad you like this experiment

DocSmith - not often I hear from you so this is a rare treat! and you are right I think Piet Mondrian is a great launch point. Not something I would have thought in the past but in reading some quotes from him I think I found a kindred spirit so I am more intrigued by him especially when to realize how long ago he was doing his works..