ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: cracked spacings

cracked spacings

geometrical and splashy try to co-exist...but can they ever be really relaxed around each other ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cracked spackings.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	65661  

Perhaps it's the color of the sun cut flat and coverin' /
    the crossroads I'm standin' at.

Dylan, Mama you've been on my mind

Here we have several frames, the outermost says, Look only at the content, and the innermost says, The content is a visual puzzle ...

The puzzle is the expressive tension created when two things appear to be one, or to once have been one, but are not now. or never were ... It's a centaur moment, reason and passion in high-pitched battle ... The observer is placed at a crossroads, and chooses ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

chinapete.. thanks for your analysis of this.. indeed it was about that inner censor that says no at war with the dionysian urge to splatter paint and paint in a frenzy... and placing the observer at the crossroad... a part wanted the calm control of the geometric a part wildly brushing paints and colors.....

I think "cracked spacing" heralds an exciting new direction, which, and I'm speculating freely here, began with a restrained palette and unrestrained enthusiasm

At the beginning, many years ago, I could not paint without first framing the working space ... A blank canvas without a frame didn't look right and I couldn't begin ... Maybe this was an attempt to separate artistic visions from ordinary ones, I don't know ...

I would choose simple wooden slats, latticing, stain them deep umber, and create a box frame ... Often the paint would spill over and the frame would become part of the painting ... I recognized your frames right away ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Oh Gxhpainter
    This one is gorgeous... Really.

Best,

Weeks

Weeks.. thanks coming from you that is a very good sign...much appreciated!

Gary, what a fantastic idea and painting, what can I say, but LOVE IT