ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: lightly dancing

lightly dancing

colored lines that dance lightly across the page...skipping over the grit and grime of the world...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightlydancing.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	503.8 KB 
ID:	65652  

Makes me think about torn bits of muslin or something rabbit skin glued down as part of the mark making process. I wouldn't discount the idea, when and if you should go to traditional medium, to include things other than paint only. And now that you're doing digital with all the effects available to you, you can work it out on the computer and see if it works in the real world as well. Or, you can look at the real world as inspiration for including things that appear like found objects for their textural worth.

That in fact looks like what you're doing already, but thought I would mention it in case you could expand it further for yourself. I'm just ever looking at what you are doing and comment on what it looks like you either are doing for clarification in my mind, or maybe it can also serve you hearing my mind chatter.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

it is a musical piece and it does indeed dance. I like the palette here as well. Just exquisite.

Gary, I see colored pencils dancing around muslin or canvas materials, wonderful job

Marvelous work on that texture background. Well done Gary.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

D Akey... thanks for the extensive comment!.. good to see a big fat juicy comment from you.. always fun and thoughtful .. and greatly appreciated... I haven't done a collage in a long long time but as I was doing this the effect of torn thin muslin strips was too strong to avoid so the "threads" of the musical tone came to the rescue..

bb, Pat and Albert.. so glad you peeped in and left me your thoughts.. a pleasure always../