ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Classes at Digital Art Academy

Smile ArtRage Classes at Digital Art Academy

Thank you Dave for allowing me to announce my ArtRage Watercolor classes at Digital Art Academy. Classes begin on April 7th, 2012

I am offering two classes for Session 2 which include:

ArtRage Watercolors
    This class will introduce you to ArtRage while learning how to paint with the watercolor brushes. Lots of fun techniques to achieve the most realistic watercolor look. These classes are 4 weeks long and include live sessions each week along with video and written PDF instructions.

ArtRage Mixed Media
    This class is for the more advanced user of ArtRage and includes working with mixed media and collage with ArtRage.
    These classes are 4 weeks long and include live sessions each week along with video and written PDF instructions.

To learn more about these classes please feel free to visit the site or follow the links.

Warm wishes,
    Karen Bonaker

Sounds great!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Twaager Guest

Kan you give us a teaser?

Using Lynda gives you teasers for you to examine the video/pdf quality and usability as well as the pedagogical and methodological presentation before buying the item.

VTC offers previews of their video courses. Just a few minutes is often enougt to tell wether to make a purchase or not.

Will you make Artrage video previews? I like to have that before ordering. I like to know what I am buying. Please!?
    Last edited by Twaager; 03-31-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Using Lynda gives you teasers for you to examine the video/pdf quality and usability as well as the pedagogical and methodological presentation before buying the item.

VTC offers previews of their video courses. Just a few minutes is often enougt to tell wether to make a purchase or not.

Will you make Artrage video previews? I like to have that before ordering. I like to know what I am buying. Please!?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    This class is much different than you will experience at Lynda or VTC. Not only is the class four weeks long, I have a live session every week where the class can watch a demonstration and ask questions and get feedback on their work. The class has extensive PDF documents as well as Video lessons each week. The cost of the course is extremely reasonable for price. Your suggestion about video previews is a good one and perhaps I can incorporate it at some point. You can receive a refund in the first week only, so if the class does not feel like it will meet your requirements, I will be happy to refund your course fees.

I think the best thing about DAA classes is that your teacher is always there to support you during and after the class.

Kind regard,
    Karen

Having taken some classes at DAA, I do have to say that the live sessions are really wonderful. I've not taken this class specifically, but I took some on Painter. You all log in to a web address together, and you all also talk on a synced conference call at the same time. You all see the screen of the teacher as he/she performs what's going on in real time. What's also cool is that you can actually switch to any of the screens of the students as well, so that if, for example, you have a question about some detail, etc. everyone will actually get to see your screen in real time. This makes facilitating useful conversation really really easy.

The pdfs, the active community of like-minded peers doing and exploring similar work, and the board where you post stuff were all nice and all were useful, but it was the Live Sessions that really had the most value to me. For the 30-40$ that it costs, it's a steal, IMO. I never would have learned how to really use Painter 11 without the 2 classes I took at DAA. An amazing value for about 100$ total.

If you're interested in exploring watercolors in Artrage, and want something to kickstart what you're doing, I recommend them. ::thumbs up::

edit--
    Also, Karen, the first link seems to be leading to a dead page now. It was working earlier this week. Secondly, for the Mixed Media class the description at DAA says its just Pdfs or videos. For that, some sort of teaser really would be nice, as Live Sessions won't be available. I wish they were though, frankly. I might take the Watercolor class just to revisit the tool in Artrage, but I've actually done a reasonable amount of work with it in the past. Getting to push it farther would be nice, but the lack of Live Sessions for the more "Advanced" class, as well as no teasers for it nor much in the way of sample work that expresses what its about, is a bit of a non-starter. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Steve B; 04-01-2012 at 03:54 AM.

I think the price is very reasonable. I am definitely going to try to take at least one of the classes now and more in the future. No matter how talented you are, I think you can expand your knowledge and learn new things and for that price for a class it's really an incentive. I will probably want to revisit Painter as well. It has been eight years since I have. It is probably a whole different animal these days. Thank you Karen for making this available.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-01-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Twaager Guest

I maybe will have a look at the DAA classes.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    I think the best thing about DAA classes is that your teacher is always there to support you during and after the class.
    Kind regard,
    Karen
    That is a good thing. I maybe will have a look at the DAA classes.

Karen, is anyone else experiencing a broken link to the watercolor class?

http://www.digitalartacademy.com/courses/?s=ArtRage

Link is broken for me too.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Here is the link to the Watercolor class and the Course page.

Watercolor ArtRage

Course Page DAA

Kind regard,
    Karen