ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Please critique these portraits!

Please critique these portraits!

Hello! This is my first time posting on the Forums. For the most part, I'm a traditional artist, and most digital programs, though robust, never truly gave me the same feeling as actual painting. ArtRage changes all of that. Though not perfect (#letmehavemyphotoshopbrushes), it's simple, intuitive, and really gives the feeling of painting on canvas. These are a couple of portraits I've done recently, and I would love some feedback on these. Don't be gentle, I can take it if need be. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drabot2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	65533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gabrielle sml.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	65534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KXJ02.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	65535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJUNC.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	65536  

Hard to find anything deserving criticism, though constructive. They're so fresh, spontaneous and masterfully executed that I'm sure find a quite broad appreciation both by the subjects and by the observers.
    Congratulations and welcome!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I personally did not find anything wrong. beautifully and intelligently.
    If I understand your question
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

awesome. a very illustrative style. excellent stuff. I hope you will share more of your work because you're really talented. I especially love the first two. those are great portraits and love the style. I especially like the first one where there is that intense gaze and viewpoint. all are excellent. more please.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-25-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Thumbs up Inspirational!

First time poster here as well, although I have just installed this app and I am transitioning from Corel Painter... really nice work, that's all I can say...

wow!!!i like it very much,those brush trace and those colors are so amazing!

Though not perfect (#letmehavemyphotoshopbrushes), it's simple, intuitive, and really gives the feeling of painting on canvas.
    You can have your photoshop brushes, but they have to be the old style brushes not the CS5 ones:

Importing Photoshop Brushes into ArtRage Studio Pro - YouTube

The portraits are great. I very much like their simplicity and yet still have a quite strong mood to them.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========