ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR 1.4 on iPad2 - some problems

AR 1.4 on iPad2 - some problems

I have not had any problems with AR on my iPad 2 until now.
    Because I had selected 'automatic updates' I now have version 1.4 - which as far as I can see is mainly for the iPad3.

However I now regret this update and want to know if there is a way I can go back to the previous version because I of several new problems occurring such as tools behaving strangely, layer contents and names vanishing and a few other odd things I cant explain.

Perhaps this update was only meant for iPad3 users?
    If so, my bad - is there a way to revert to previous version?

PS: I have the latest iPad OS updated, it never caused any problems at the time of updating.
    Last edited by Rowena; 03-27-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Rowena,

so far no problems at all with the update here. perhaps a restart of your ipad?

ipad 2 here as well.

Thanks Screenpainter, good tip I will try again.
    Also interesting to know you're having no problems - and I assume you have the iPad2?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

yes, I am on ipad 2 and no problems with the update at all.
    but there are a few glitches that will be ironed out in the latest update.

you can read in the announcement stickies at the top of this ipad technical section... some of the problems they are aware of and fixing for the next update. it's a constant process nowadays. I have the utmost respect and kudos for the team having to deal with all these updates all the time and how responsive they are to any problems. great job guys! sometimes they must ask, "did we really sign up for this?"

I do think it helps a lot to let support know of any problems we are having or spotting. it helps to know these things.

Apple's appstore doesn't have the functionality to allow users to download versions other than the latest one. If you're having problems, please let us know in as much detail as possible what you're doing and what you're seeing and we'll be happy to help.

For any strange behavior I'd recommend making sure that it's not due to low memory if you haven't already done so via the steps in this post http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=32970

If that doesn't help, do let us know the specifics so we can assist. Feel free to email me at support@artrage.com and I can do some troubleshooting with you directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you Dave and thanks again Screenpainter,

So far since I rebooted the iPad I dont see the same issues - but incase I do I will pay closer attention so that I can be more specific.

Hopefully the reboot has fixed my problem, but it has occurred to me that the update might have happened while I had the program open as I use this program a lot - it is by far my favorite App!