ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage for the I pad

Smile ArtRage for the I pad

I have a question for everyone. When using ArtRage on the I pad, can you plug the I pad into a external monitor???

Hi there,

There's nothing specifically in ArtRage for doing this. There may be something in the operating system for using an external monitor but we haven't done it ourselves, so I'm unsure about the details.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

There's a VGA adapter that allows you to attach a monitor. Check out the spec, FAQs and customer reviews on this page:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC552
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

I think you should also be able to use the Apple TV to mirror on your television. I will be trying it later. Let you know.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Well, one thing to keep in mind before you plugin anything to your iPad. You will have no kind of feedback, what is the current position of the tool over the canvas as long as you do not touch the iPad's screen. No cursor, no indicator ....nothing. This can be pretty unenjoyable experience.

yep, it works. (sorry if this is off the point,) but the apple tv does mirror artrage on an HD tv with wifi. I did a demo of artrage at the local Best Buy store tonight and had a small crowd gathering. I did a portrait of one of the employees and so all his fellow employees were stopping by to see it. that was fun.
    the HD screen was set brighter than the ipad, but it still looked great. it really caught the attention of passer bys.

i think that hdmi converter should work well on the computer monitor. reading the reviews I think the people with the ipad 1 were the ones that couldn't get it to work.