ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another study from Steve Hanks (finished one in After 9))

Another study from Steve Hanks (finished one in After 9))

Due to the constraints and sensitivities we all know exist in some places and which have to be necessarily reflected in this site policies, I would anticipate here the new excercise I made from a Steve Hanks reference.
    It's watercolors only again (apart from some knife and a little eraser use), but I used sometimes an upper layer and watercolor blend and progressively merged the layer when OK to use the least of PC power and resources. The size is also incresed by about 50% on each dimension. I didn't use hi-resolution as for the pixels. Some limited metallic percentage may help provide a little grain too (actually the only feature not so well simulationg the real watercolors, IMO).
    The finished one may be found on the After 9 o'clock section (I frankly didn't intend to use a bra on this artpiece by a master more than I would wish to put pants on an orchid because of someone's sensitivity ) ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Another Steve Hanks copy2.jpg 
Views:	4265 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	65413  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-23-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thumbs up

Caesar. the head is lovely and I'm sure the rest will be also , keep going my friend your doing great

Oh Caesar, this is most beautiful, what a fantastic job you are doing on wc, cant wait to see it finished, I am doing a Steve Hanks also, due to your wonderful painting, thought I would give it a go, sure hope it is good enough to post I find it is such good practice for me

Whaouu Ceasar, Whaouuu

Fantastic rendering...

Best,

Weeks

Very well done - I can see Hanks has really inspired you!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Thank You, dear Jean! I hope I will eventually come up with one more style and approach option for painting my ideas ...

I'm glad You followed this inspiration too, dear Pat, which is very instructive in my opinion, and I look forward Your forthcoming artpiece! Thank you!

Thank You very much, dear Sandra! Your compliment would work also as a good epitaph "You are so talented ... that You never succeeded to fully accomplish anything" ... Kidding and trying to leave my pride balloon and come down on the ground.

Thank You, dear Weeks! Hard to do much better for me, without being also a useful textures master like You ....

Sure he did, but even more his models, I must confess, dear Rowena .... Thank you!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Stunning work Cesare, very well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Caesar... a most excellent study..after Hanks... I visited the link provided by Dr. Lima. and saw his amazing work... I think he is someone you can relate to artistically.. you certainly have done very fine work on this...

She is a classic beauty ... what is it about wet hair that makes it so attractive ... some sort of frisson ... I hope she will rise like Aphrodite from the water ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio