ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Afraid of losing the quailty of print

Afraid of losing the quailty of print

Hello guys
    I have a customer who wants me to draw some pictures for the invitations and pary flyers which will be available for people to self print from the website. She told me that everything will be available to be printed on A4 format but with a possibility to adjust it to A5 format. Should I give her the drawings on a bigger format or the smaller one with the same 300 dpi resolution. I mean which format will be better to get converted later into the bigger one or the smaller one? I dont want to lead to the situation that i take this order and later she is dissappointed with the quality. Do you think it is possible to take this order with Artrage or should I tell her to find someone with the vector program?
    Many greetings
    Ewa

Give her the drawings in A5. You can reduce pixels a million times better than having to add them.

The graphical content will determine the type of program you should use. Text and what I call "clip art" style would be best conceived in a vector program while, "natural" art would be better done in artrage. You could always use both types of programs and then combine them with photoshop or equivalent.
    Last edited by Oakshios; 03-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.

I'd say A4 would be your best bet ( the larger of the two sizes ). I think Oakshios may have intended to say A4 based on the rest of their post. It is easier to reduce size after the fact rather than increase it with rtespect to image quality.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I'd say A4 would be your best bet ( the larger of the two sizes ). I think Oakshios may have intended to say A4 based on the rest of their post. It is easier to reduce size after the fact rather than increase it with rtespect to image quality.
    Thanks Dave for catching that error

Many thanks guys! It was a great help!
    Many greetings
    Ewa