ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Weird new glitch

Weird new glitch

Hey all,
    I have a first generation iPad and use ArtRage on it a lot. The other day I noticed a new, strange glitch. Lines I'd drawn disappear when I go to undo another thing. I've rebooted my iPad, quit the app, all kinds of things. But it still happens. It even happens when I save the project, and merge layers. So weird. It's just with the pen tool, and only seems to be with small marks. Anyone have an idea on this, or having the same problem? Much appreciated if anyone has info! Thanks!
    Karrie

Hi Karrie,

Can I get you to check whether it occurs in a new painting ( 'new painting' from the gallery, then make a series of strokes and undo ) or if it's specific to your current painting?

What version of ArtRage are you using? You can see the version number on the splash screen when the app loads. Also, what version of iOS are you using? You can check under Settings -> General -> About on your iPad. iOS version is the 'Version' item on that page.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hey Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    Everything is up to the latest version. iOS 5.1, ArtRage version 1.4. And it happens on new and older canvases. And I tested a couple of things last night. It definitely only happens with the pen tool... like if I'm using it to add a dot or small line. If I've added something since then, and undo the most recent, if it's close to the previous mark, it's kind of like it's a square pixel area that it erases. So it may only erase half of the previous mark. It's weird.
    I hope that helps!!

Karrie

Thanks for the information, that's definitely useful to know! If possible, could I get you to do the following:

- Create a new painting, making sure that recording is turned on
    - Select the pen and make a few small strokes in the way you have been doing, then undo so that you see the problem.
    - Email the painting to me at support@artrage.com ( let me know if it's larger than 10 mb in size and I can look at another way of obtaining it )

I can then take a look at the process and also your pen settings just in case these are relevant.

One other thing which could be important to check: Try turning off smoothing in the pen settings ( move the slier to 0% ). If you create a new painting then make some similar strokes with smoothing at 0% do you still get the same problem when you undo?

We'll look into this further here to see what we can do to correct it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design