ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: stencil from image

stencil from image

when i do that?, i see a red border around my image but then i'm baffled what do i do next to use that image as a stencil?

If you're converting a layer to a stencil, the new stencil is created to block out any parts of that layer that do not have paint on them. The red indicates where the 'plastic' of the stencil is, and a border is added around the 'hole' so that there's a clear distinction between the two areas. If you want the bits of the layer that had paint in them to be blocked, right click the stencil and tell it to invert, that will reverse the process.

If you're loading an image as a stencil, the brightness value of the image is used to define where the paint is - White areas of the image will be solid 'plastic' while black areas will be empty. Grey areas in between will vary in transparency based on how bright they are (see page 91 of the manual which deals with Stencil Transparency).

If that doesn't help, could you post a screenshot of what you see and we should be able to sort it out.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.