ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New Gallery

New Gallery

I find the new format to be much more clumsy to scroll through and to look at pieces that I may like.

Can we go BACK IN TIME?

When my day job makes me crazy, art keeps me sane.

Janet

I have to agree. Ive quit browsing the gallery because of the new format.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I don't like the new gallery system too
    But you can still go to the other version by another link http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/

Hans

Just click on the gallery on the left side menu and you will get to the old way
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Because the old gallery system is incompatible with the forum updates we have to apply soon it will be removed as soon as the forums are updated. We cannot keep it.

Images that are currently being added to the old gallery will probably be maintained when the new gallery is the only option, but we can't guarantee that.

We have been forced to update by the external code we're using for our forums, so there is no chance we will be keeping the old gallery. If there are any specific things people would like us to look at in the new gallery please let us know and we can consider upgrades as the new system is managed more internally.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

One thing I'd like to see, is a way to view more then the last 18 images uploaded. I sometimes skip a few days between looking at the new uploads, so I'm sure I'm missing out on seeing some of the newer submissions, because the current setup won't scroll more then one click back.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I understand , we probably cannot have a gallery at the level that CGHUBᵀᴹ has, but some small similarities wouldn't do any harm.

In particular I think of:

1. some sort of rating or "Like" feature.
    2. favorites system
    3. subscription / notification system
    4. ability to sort viewed content accordingly to:
    • newest
    • most liked
    • most viewed
    • most commented
    • most faved
    • etc...

I also dislike the idea of representing the certain user gallery by one of his images. If we cannot choose what image should represent our uploads, just user avatar would be better for that purpose, I think.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

why not upload your pics on Flickr.com That way you can have any size you want. and the galleries there are unlimited space. Also Deviant Art lets you have large images and sell prints.
    just a couple ideas.