ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Work in progress - "The Orange Wallpaper"

Work in progress - "The Orange Wallpaper"

Here's a piece I'm working on, quite pleased with it so far but not sure that I like the cloud - it looks dirty! - and the teahouse windows so will probably scrap those bits and start again. The wallpaper design on the right, I cheated there and traced it from the chapter on mould in "The Home DIY Expert" by D.G Hessayon! It's exactly the same design I had in my bedrooom walls as a kid though, so just had to include it in something...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorkInProgress.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	65261  

I agree with the cloud looking different from the rest of the painting. Too light. The tea house is lovely. In fact I was looking for exactly such a tea house for one of my paintings!

Smile

Thanks for the feedback Astrila; you're right about the cloud, gonna scrap it and redo it in a colour that will go with the rest of it. Glad you like the teahouse, found that particular design by googling 'Chinese House Stock' and have amended it to my own design so as to avoid falling foul of copyright laws!

I like your design - lovely!
    ...and I concur with the cloud but only because of the rendering which is quite different from the rest of the picture. I like the idea of the tea house resting ontop of a cloud and think that if you rendered it in precisely the same style as the rest - it would work quite well.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Wink

Thanks Rowena... I think you and Astrila will agree that THIS is an improvement!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orangewp.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	65291  

Much better!

very cool graphic art piece.

Smile

thanks screenpainter!