Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first three paintings!

My first three paintings!

Hi all,

Here are my first three finished paintings, all produced using AR. i wasn't sure whether to post here or in the critique section, but all comments good or bad welcome.

Bejay

Nice BJ,

It never does any harm to lay down 3 aces to start with!

Well deserved accolades will flood in for these.

My favourite bit? Being able to paint snow going up hill!
    Sheer genius. The landscapes would walk off the counter at an Art sale.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Bejay...Welcome to the forum...........This Portrait is really the best I have seen on the forum since I started,you are already a very proficient Artist...Thanks for putting these paintings on....Like Aged P says in an art gallery sale, that portrait of yours would have already been sold ten times over.......Please post more.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Thanks so much Phil and Jack for your comments.

I am very new to digital painting but i have become hooked very quickly. I seem to be spending many hours in front of my pc! Still better than watching the rubbish we get on tv!

I have painted on and off mostly in watercolour for the past 15 years with some reasonable success, but it got to a stage where i just couldn't be bothered anymore with all the preparation followed by all the mess!

Digital painting is so immediate, you just switch on my pc and your away! and of course no mess to clean up afterwards! My only reservations is what to do with my finished work? I would like to produce prints and greeting cards from them but it seems such a difficult task trying to get the quality needed at an affordable price.

If any forum members can give me advice in this area it would be of great help.

Bejay

Welcome Bejay,

can I add my agreement with Jack and Phil................this is truly art.

Best to you

Peter

all is sensual, i like the portrait, like everyone, but i notice on your first the curve which the leaves follow. It's clever, because it gives an other depth to your picture.
    For the protraait, you succed essentialy on the lips and the eyes which are well drawn and colours.
    Welcome and good trip
    experience comes from bad judgements, good judgements come from experience (old wise indian proverb)

Bejay, welcome to the forum! And those pictures are three fantastic introductions to yourself!

They're all superb. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Peter and dando for your comments,

The portrait of Angelina Jolie, Dando was a very stressful piece of art for me to finish. I worked on it for about 40 hours, it's not what i normally do, the blending was the biggest challenge, especially as we only have the pallet knife to use!

I made the decision to do this portrait as i thought it would be a good way for me to learn how to use AR, and i was right but I'm not sure ill be rushing to do anymore for a while.

Bejay

Thanks

Thanks Andy,

I am so pleased that i have found this forum and of course the AR 2 software,
    they are both brill!

Bejay

Bejay,

Your portriat is good, I recognized her right away. I am however more enamored with the first landscape. I love loose brush strokes.