ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Write with pen

Write with pen

Hello.
    I want to write like I'm using a pen on my Mac.
    Since there is no pen tool, I chose the pencil tool.
    The "Testing" word (as you can see in the image) is perfect. But the dots are shown grey, not black.
    I can blacken them only by creating a tiny circle with my Bamboo pen.
    Is there any setting so I can create a black dot by touching ONLY ONCE my tablet with the Bamboo pen?
    Thank you.

ArtRage 2.6.0
    Mac OS X v10.7.3
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nikdak; 03-15-2012 at 11:00 PM.

In ArtRage, a pencil line on your canvas won't be fully black with a single stroke, we simulate a pencil so that media gets darker when you go over the same line.

You could try the felt pen with the 'art pen' setting turned on, or a small oil brush with the default settings as these types of media are more opaque in appearance.

Alternatively, in ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro, we added a pen tool which includes optional settings for line smoothing, aspect and automatic tapering and lays down fully opaque colour. You can try it out by downloading the demo from www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html if that sounds useful to you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design