Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick-Nature-1 arpack - EDIt Nick-Nature-2 added

Hi Micmac. Thanks.

Yep - a solid version of that one makes sense. Might not be today but should be able to do that before the weekend. There's some artefacts in the hair ones I want to remove anyhow, and I've worked out where they are coming form now - so they need tweaking.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Nick-Nature-2 updated

Just a heads up to point out that Nick-Nature-2 has had a few sticker presets added and tweaked.

Artefacts hopefully removed from the Bad-Hair-Day variants.
    Solid Pebbledash added (Pebbledash-2)
    A second scratty grass variant added.
    A mottle brush called Water-Damage-1 added.

EDIT- I can still see some artefacts in Bad-Hair-Day-1 in particular - dammit. Sorry chaps. More tweaking needed on another day.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 03-16-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Hi Nick

I think your link to second edition of Nature 2 is pointing to the first edition of Nature 2

Downloaded it several times and it is first edition

Michael

Hi Micmac.
    Thanks for pointing it out. Not sure how that happened. I've reset the link.

Do please let me know if it still doesn't work right. In that case I reckon I need to go back through the whole process of package creation because something must have gone wrong in the naming somewhere.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 03-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Smile

Thank you Nick it worked now

I think you must have the World Record for variations within a single sticker. :-)

Michael

Thanks Micmac. No problem. Sorry about not getting it right first time round.

World record? I bet not. It's amazing the variety of mark making you can get from a brush head or sticker set if you tinker around with the 'spray variation' settings. Just look at how many presets there are for things like the pencil that doesn't have the range of controls that stickers do.

Then you may find like I do that it's compounded by what size brush you use!

Hours of 'fun' to be had
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

No one else work on a 6 x 6 grid. You are the champ.

Michael

Haha - yes I suppose nobody else has been stupid enough to think that many boxes is a good idea yet. They have more common sense.
    And as for the 12x4 grid . . . .

I just figured that if I really want something to approach the illusion of random irregularity then having a bigger selection of individual elements has got to help. Then throw in 'random' offset and rotation settings in the 'spray variation' and it might work.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Just be careful you don't limit the number of stickers you're using on a sheet (unless you're looking to do it on purpose). Many of the brush stickers I've made use multiple rows, and columns, for specific purposes (Finer texture, lighter opacity, smaller images, reversed images, etc). Overlooking a change in the Pen Pressure column, might have you pulling only the stickers in a straight diagonal line across the sheet, leaving you with the same effect a single row sheet would allow. For example, if you look at my attached image, you'll see two different Variation Panel setups, using the same sticker sheet. In the first setup, the variations for Sheet Row and Column, both use Pen Pressure to change them. Doing this, however, means you'd be stuck using only the diagonal stickers on the sheet (circled in Magenta). In the second setup, the variations for Sheet Row are set to pull randomly, while I left the variations for Sheet Column set to change by Pen Pressure. This means you would have full access to the stickers on the sheet, but it will be based on the pressure put down. So if I pressed as lightly as I could on my pen, I'd only draw out the 1, A, Paw Print, and Burlap texture. If I pressed as hard as I could, I'd draw out only the 4, D, 6 point Star, and halftone texture. Anything in between those pressures, would result in a mix of the other two columns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	explainsheet.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	65243  
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

You are an oracle Gaeton. I'll keep reading that until it starts to make some sense to my under-powered grey matter. I really appreciate your input on this. You are the master.

I do know there's an emormous amount of power within the spray variation settings to potentially create some amazing stickers - but sadly that I don't think in an ordered enough way to be the one that is likely to produce them.
    My rule of thumb for these hit and miss offerings has been to crank up the random settings on column, sheet and sticker sequence because it suits the natural things I'm trying to emulate. My thumb takes a lot of control in these sorts of decisions with me.

I will work harder to increase my understanding.
    Must try harder - must try harder . . . .
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5