Thread: selection tool ipad

Gallery
    View images

selection tool ipad

PLEASE, I really need selection tools for artrage iPad. I see on Photoshop Touch that is possible!

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please!

Gallery
    View images
    100 % agree
    Selection its a key feature that will make all the other tools more useful.
    With selections you can use flats.
    With flats you can color inked drawings and have more precision in general painting.
    With the scripts you can transfer all that to the desktop artrage and continue on....

Gallery
    View images
    if only a freehand and rectangle it would be well welcomed addition indeed.

Gallery
    View images

Selections

Adding selection tools should be a priority for a future upgrade

Gallery
    View images

Selection Tool Request

I have ArtRage 3.5.5 on my Mac. Just bought ArtRage for the iPad. I was very disappointed to discover that it has no selection tools. Alpha Lock will allow you to flood-fill a drawn object but there is no way to create accurate rectangles and ovals. Or if there is, I haven't found it yet. Any hopes of this being added?

Gallery
    View images
    The memory required for managing the selection overlay meant that it wasn't safe to include in the iPad version. Because ArtRage is managing a bunch of information that flat colour paint apps don't (the depth of paint on the canvas, its wetness and other properties) the amount of memory required for painting can be significantly higher. As a result we needed to ensure that we used as little as possible over the basic requirements of the canvas and opted to go for a freehand painting application without the editing tools that pixel painters tend to include.

It's possible that we will be able to add selection tools in to the product in the future, but at this point I don't have any particular schedule for that as our focus is on improving the natural painting elements of the product.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

Selection tool

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    The memory required for managing the selection overlay meant that it wasn't safe to include in the iPad version. Because ArtRage is managing a bunch of information that flat colour paint apps don't (the depth of paint on the canvas, its wetness and other properties) the amount of memory required for painting can be significantly higher. As a result we needed to ensure that we used as little as possible over the basic requirements of the canvas and opted to go for a freehand painting application without the editing tools that pixel painters tend to include.

It's possible that we will be able to add selection tools in to the product in the future, but at this point I don't have any particular schedule for that as our focus is on improving the natural painting elements of the product.
    Please selection tool to iPad version much needed!
    Tom

Gallery
    View images

Then PS it is

Quote Originally Posted by quickanimator View Post
    Please selection tool to iPad version much needed!
    Tom
    Might as well just use PS if no selection tool for iPad.