Thread: Color picking sets the color slightly brighter than the color picked

Color picking sets the color slightly brighter than the color picked

It's not a fluke, nor does it have to do with the height of the paint.
    It's something I've noticed just recently, though it's possible it's always been like that and I just never noticed...

Example: I'm shading some part of my painting and looking to get the right shade... I put a little brighter colors down in one area, maybe some darker ones near the bottom.. I decide I want the brighter area to be more like the default neautral area... So I pick that color with the Alt key.... I plop it down and because it's on top of, or neighboring the color I just chose, it's clear to see that it's actually a pixel's worth brighter on the brightness scale....

I tested this by working out an even distribution on a large area of a single color.. Picked it, and painted it down again... Picked again and laid more paint down evenly.... after a few cycles of this, the color I'm working with is considerably brighter, and if continued for a while, I would surely end up with white paint.

Anyone else familiar with this issue? I'm working on Artrage 2.5, and though I want to upgrade to Studio Pro, I feel like I don't want to have to relearn the interface or change anything until I'm finished working on my current piece.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Keep painting!

Select the color sampler tool, and then check its settings to see if it's using the lighting of the canvas. If it is, turn it off, and see if that changes anything.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Select the color sampler tool, and then check its settings to see if it's using the lighting of the canvas. If it is, turn it off, and see if that changes anything.

I haven't had time to test it (a bout to bolt to work), but before bed last night I saw what you were talking about and switched it off.

Thanks Someonesane!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    It worked for me! Thanks a lot!