ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Manga Studio

Manga Studio

Hi ArtRagers,
    I stepped into SmithMicro SW and to be more specific I've discovered Manga Studio.
    I'm asking your feedback about this product and which advantages are over AR.

Thanks in advance,
    Bradipo
    Powered by Win8 x64 !!! - AR Studio Pro 3.x - Wacom Bamboo M Special Edition

Try before you buy!

I've not used it for while and have only limited experience, but would say the perspective rulers (EX version) and the inking options and brushes are the main advantages over ArtRage (AR). They are very customisable and the pens have a low lag when moving quickly across the screen. Another feature worth pointing out is its tool for making panels and frames used to divide up graphic novel pages.

Depending on your personal experience and what you want to do with it, like most worthwhile things it'll take an investment of time to fully understand its ways. It's a tool that needs to be learnt, and like AR, it wont draw or paint things for you. Only you can do that

There's a French artist whose work I admire, called Cedric Trojani who sometimes inks pictures in Manga Studio before colouring them in AR.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...manga%20studio
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Smile

Did you check out some of the video tutorials & webinars by comic book artist Dave Gibbons (Watchmen)?

Here's one of his webinars. It's close to 90 minutes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgYn5MjCQA

I've purchased some Poser content through it's affiliate Content Paradise which is owned by Micro-Smith (publishers of Poser & Manga Studio) and the week before my surgery they offered me 95% off of Poser Pro 2012 & Manga Studio 4 EX. So I purchased both for about $50 total. Together they would have cost me close to $700.00....

Haven't had a chance to look at Manga Studio yet but installed it along with Poser Pro.... Too weak to sit for long periods in front of my PC....
    Last edited by kenmo; 03-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks for the helpful replies.
    The tutorial is very interesting!

I think I'll try in the next future as soon as I'll have some time.
    For the moment I remain stick to AR.

Ciao,
    Bradipo