ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with install of new brushes

Problems with install of new brushes

Hi to everyone,
    Iím brand new in this forum, also with ArtRage. I have ArtRage Studio Pro and have
    A problem with install of new brushes (tools). For two days I've tried toinstall newbrushes Iíve simply copied in appropriatefolder (C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\Resources\Tool Presets). They appearedthere, butthey do not work. They lookasodifferentfrom.
    The message is: see attachment
    The brushes are Tone's Sticker Brushes - Graphite, Ink, WateColors..., but also (new install) Crosshatch Pencil.prs do not work...
    Than Iíve copied the same brushes in C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources, andeverythingthat I gethave is yet have it this double brushes, no one work.

Questions:

- How can I my ArtRage Studio Pro lead theoriginal state (without double brushes) ?
    - Wow can I properlyinstalled a new brushes ?

Many thanks in advance for answers and sorry about my bad English!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Skipi
    I went and had a look at Tone's thread and suspect the issue is caused because they are sticker sprays. He has provided the .prs files (preset files for sticker sprays) but not the sticker files themselves which those presets reference. If they are indeed sticker sprays, he would need to provide the sticker files as well before you could get them working.

What should happen is that you would copy the preset files to
    C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray
    and copy the actual stickers the presets reference to
    C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Stickers

Don't copy anything to the C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\Resources\... (Windows doesn't like that )
    Last edited by Juz; 03-06-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

After trying a few of the presets here, it looks like they use existing stickers, so should be okay.

The program files folder is not for user presets. This folder is for the original presets that come with ArtRage, not additional presets.

Also, if you haven't copied the brushes to the correct tool subfolder, they will not load, for example, if you copy a sticker preset to the pencil presets folder, it will fail to load because it doesn't contain the right data for the sticker tool.

To clear out all bad presets and return Artrage to its default set of presets, I would recommend the following

1/ Uninstall ArtRage and delete its folder in c:\program files\ambient design
    2/ Delete the contents of C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources
    3/ Reinstall ArtRage

To install sticker presets:

1/ Launch ArtRage
    2/ Select the sticker spray tool
    3/ Go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Tool Presets Folder

You should now be in the user sticker spray presets folder. You can drop the sticker spray preset files in here. You will need to restart ArtRage for it to see the new presets.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile answer and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    Hi Skipi
    I went and had a look at Tone's thread and suspect the issue is caused because they are sticker sprays. He has provided the .prs files (preset files for sticker sprays) but not the sticker files themselves which those presets reference. If they are indeed sticker sprays, he would need to provide the sticker files as well before you could get them working.

C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray
    C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Stickers

Don't copy anything to the C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\Resources\... (Windows doesn't like that )
    Hi Juz,
    sorry Iím late with answer - problems with health.
    I've tried your method - does not work.
    But first I have software installed and then reinstalled.
    What is interesting, I've tried to install some other brushes, and it worked: I forgot such people are called, but They are of this Forum and these brushes are called: gz a paint splatter.prs, gz artist watercolor.prs, gz soft pastel.prs, gz texture chalk.prs, an ultra thin oil.prs (....)I followed the instructions and as far as I can remember, it was just copy and paste into folder of softwer. on the other hand, I could not in any way, for example, brushes
    like H3.stk, Crosshatch Pencil.prs install...
    I have photoshop and painter, consenting to when I do just copy and paste in software folder.

So I think my software has somehow a bug.

Thank you very much for your efforts on your answer.

skipi

also answer and many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    Hi Skipi

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    After trying a few of the presets here, it looks like they use existing stickers, so should be okay.

The program files folder is not for user presets. This folder is for the original presets that come with ArtRage, not additional presets.

Also, if you haven't copied the brushes to the correct tool subfolder, they will not load, for example, if you copy a sticker preset to the pencil presets folder, it will fail to load because it doesn't contain the right data for the sticker tool.

To clear out all bad presets and return Artrage to its default set of presets, I would recommend the following

1/ Uninstall ArtRage and delete its folder in c:\program files\ambient design
    2/ Delete the contents of C:\ Documentsand Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources
    3/ Reinstall ArtRage

To install sticker presets:

1/ Launch ArtRage
    2/ Select the sticker spray tool
    3/ Go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Tool Presets Folder

You should now be in the user sticker spray presets folder. You can drop the sticker spray preset files in here. You will need to restart ArtRage for it to see the new presets.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    Hi DaveRage,
    also sorry Iím late with answer - problems with health.

Iím tried also your method with User Tool Presets Folder - does not work.
    But first I have software installed and then reinstalled.
    What is interesting, I've tried to install some other brushes, and it worked: I forgot such people are called, but They are of this Forum and these brushes are called: gz a paint splatter.prs, gz artist watercolor.prs, gz soft pastel.prs, gz texture chalk.prs, an ultra thin oil.prs (....)I followed the instructions and as far as I can remember, it was just copy and paste into folder of softwer. On the other hand, I could not in any way, for example, install brushes
    like H3.stk, Crosshatch Pencil.prs...
    I have photoshop and painter, consenting to when I do just copy and paste in software folder.

So I think my software has somehow a bug.

Thank you very much for your efforts on your answer.

skipi

Sorry to hear that didn't help.

Regarding removing the extra unwanted presets: Uninstalling and reinstalling ArtRage will not remove any presets you added, it will only remove files it originally installed. If you need to remove the presets, you'll need to use the first set of steps in my previous post. Have you managed to remove the original unwanted presets via my instructions? If you have not, please don't go any further at this point, just let me know, as it would be best to solve this problem first to avoid confusion.

Otherwise, regarding presets not working: If you have successfully added other brushes and they have worked, but it's just these specific ones that aren't working, it's unlikely to be a bug in the software.

If they are in the location I specified, they should work as a couple of those presets I have tried work here for me using the same version of ArtRage. Please let me know:

-What indication you have that they're not working. What exactly is happening? Are you getting the same error message in the attachment from your original post?
    -How are you trying to access these presets in ArtRage? Please give the steps you use as this will give a clearer picture of what is happening +e.g. Select the sticker spray tool, open the presets panel, select 'my preset name' and attempt to paint.
    -What tool do you have selected when you try to use these presets?
    -If you select the sticker spray, then go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Tool Presets Folder, do you see one of the presets you added which isn't working in that folder? Right click it and go to properties. What is it's full filename?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile quick answer

Regarding removing the extra unwanted presets: Uninstalling and reinstalling ArtRage will not remove any presets you added, it will only remove files it originally installed. If you need to remove the presets, you'll need to use the first set of steps in my previous post. Have you managed to remove the original unwanted presets via my instructions? If you have not, please don't go any further at this point, just let me know, as it would be best to solve this problem first to avoid confusion.

Otherwise, regarding presets not working: If you have successfully added other brushes and they have worked, but it's just these specific ones that aren't working, it's unlikely to be a bug in the software.

If they are in the location I specified, they should work as a couple of those presets I have tried work here for me using the same version of ArtRage. Please let me know:

-What indication you have that they're not working. What exactly is happening? Are you getting the same error message in the attachment from your original post?
    -How are you trying to access these presets in ArtRage? Please give the steps you use as this will give a clearer picture of what is happening +e.g. Select the sticker spray tool, open the presets panel, select 'my preset name' and attempt to paint.
    -If you select the sticker spray, then go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Tool Presets Folder, do you see one of the presets you added which isn't working in that folder? Right click it and go to properties. What is it's full filename?
    -------------------
    Many thanks for quick answer! I know my English is bad, so I will try in
    Google correctly translated from German to english.
    SDee you soon, thanks again!

Smile answer, one more time

OK, DaveRage,
    whole process wasas follows:
    I first installed ArtRage Studio Pro, then I cleaned registry with CCleaner, TuneUp Utilities 2012, and at the end manually. Then newly installed software. Software appears to be first time, without duplicates brush. So far, so good.
    Then open ArtRage, klick on Pencil, then Go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Tool Presets Folder (I've seen that is actually C:\ Documents and Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Pencil),
    (full file name you asked, only folder called ďPencilĒ)
    And here I have copied Crosshatch Pencil.prs then I closed ArtRage and then again oppen
    ArtRage. I klick on Pencil, there is this Crosshatch Pencil.prs but in another color as others,
    also looks different graphical. And this Pencil donít work.: the same message as in attachment of my first report. Jet was easy to delete this duplicate, I knew where can find them. From this folder delete it, software restarts and brush was gone. This is no more problem to me,
    duplicate or corrupt brushes to delete, but the problem stay, I cannot install some new brush and use they. Jet example with Tone's Sticker Brushes - Graphite, Ink, WateColors...
    Ther are 19, I have all copied in: C:\Documents and Settings \User\application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray and all they brushes work.
    It seems to me, single brushes such as first example with Crosshatch Pencil.prs not work,
    But they Sticker Brushes (Tone's Sticker Brushes ) work, although I've installedall on the same way.

And yes, I see every presets I added, also in case Crosshatch Pencil.prs

A software bug?

Once more, many thanks for your efforts to help!!!

Best regards,
    skipi

Thank you for the details. It is likely that the crosshatch pencil.prs preset you have downloaded is not for the pencil tool, which is why you are getting the error message. Try adding it as a sticker spray preset rather than a pencil preset and let me know if it works.

If it doesn't work, could you please give me a link to the forum thread you got this preset from, or email the preset to me at support@artrage.com and I can tell you whether there is a problem with the preset file you've downloaded or if it is for a different tool.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile one more time

Thank you for the details. It is likely that the crosshatch pencil.prs preset you have downloaded is not for the pencil tool, which is why you are getting the error message. Try adding it as a sticker spray preset rather than a pencil preset and let me know if it works.

If it doesn't work, could you please give me a link to the forum thread you got this preset from, or email the preset to me at support@artrage.com and I can tell you whether there is a problem with the preset file you've downloaded or if it is for a different tool.
    Hi Dave,
    like you said I havecopied Crosshatch Pencil.prs in C:\ Documents and Settings \User\ application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray, he appeared there, and Ė it work! It means it is actually one Sticker Spray file,
    and this is what you think. It is clear that I still must learn a lot about ArtRage brushes, but itís OK.
    Then I found a Sketch Brush Sticker Spray presets on link:

ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38133

I follow instructions for install, install was
    successfully, folder with brushes is in:
    C:\ Documents and Settings \User\ application data \Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray
    (Attachment, Picture 1)

But, when I open ArtRage and click on Sticker Spray, then klick on Presets, I canít find those Pencils! New enigma for me. Should I maybe pencil brushes get out of this folder, "unpack"? I mean only put them in Sticker Spray folder, without own folder?
    So one problem will be every time, when I install Package File...

Best regards and wishes,
    skipi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	65210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2 - open pencil folder.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	65211