ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciao, piccolo grande Lucio!

Unhappy Ciao, piccolo grande Lucio!

He seems to say: "Shhhh, I just went to play my second act elsewhere" (as he affirmed about the death reality he believed in).

A tribute to the great Lucio Dalla, who died on the 1st of march.
    A singer-songwriter and an even greater man with decades of continuous success. A first ranking, eclectic, curious, multiform, multi-genre tupe of artist. A simple, surprising, interesting, genuine, generous man with young artists as well as with anyone among the common and most humble people addressing and meeting him.
    If the global music success were not determined by Anglo-Saxon multinational giants and English language, as it still is and will be for a while, he would have been a lasting star in the international gotha, rather than mainly a national myth.

A text among hundreds of masterpieces becoming best hits, collections and evergreens in the memory of generations all over many decades which continues to be sung by everybody in here.
    The text is that of the song "Caruso", a song internationally known because it was also sung by Luciano Pavarotti and Andrea Bocelli.

Qui dove il mare luccica e tira forte il vento
    su una vecchia terrazza davanti al golfo di Surriento
    un uomo abbraccia una ragazza dopo che aveva pianto
    poi si schiarisce la voce e ricomincia il canto.

Te voglio bene assaje
    ma tanto, tanto bene sai
    una catena ormai
    che scioglie il sangue dint'e vene sai.

http://www.google.it/search?q=dalla+...ed=0CCQQqwQwAg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ciao Lucio2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	64808  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-06-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I do not know this guy, but i like the drawing of him Caesar. Very good work, as always.

Oh, I didn't know, thank you Caesar ... maybe I was hearing that first line, "Here, where the sea glitters and winds blow strong," as I was painting my dutch seascape yesterday ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Very powerful sketch, dear Caesar, great job and wonderful tribute to the man

I THOUGHT BLACK & WHITE AND SILENCE WAS THE RIGHT WAY TO EXPRESS THE MOURNING FOR A DEAD MAN WE LEARNED TO APPRECIATE.

Dear Anna, just to give a vague idea, he can probably be considered an equivalent of Elton John, just to find a vaguely comparable artist as it comes spentaneously to my mind. He didn't need though to follow much music industry trends and recipes, or to compose independently from inspiration, just to keep on the crest of wave because he was always there due to his hits persistant popularity and evolution capability because of his curiosity, irony, experimental artistic attitude and creativity as a quite natural talent and gift. We'll miss him for sure, but he provided us a patrimony of wonderful songs adding to our enormous national reserve. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Chinapete! He imagines to be the great tenor Enrico Caruso looking to the Sorrento Gulf from his hotel room towards the end of life, when death was approching and who makes his voice fly in a love song inspired by a girl and the beauties he was about to leave. It was a tribute to the great, classical Neapolitan songs school, known all over the world with its old songs and that goes on evolving, even if he was from Bologna.

Dear Pat. It was quite an event in Italy and the tribute to his coffin as well as his funeral in San Petronio Cathedral and in Piazza Maggiore (the crowd couldn't be accomodate in the church) was attended in Bologna by dozen of thousands people of his town and by amost of the main stars of our system often well known also in South America, Russia, Europe, in particular in Eastern countries, sometimes also in Japan and China. Actually I intended to celebrate a man who was simple, available, generous and full of compassion and empathy towards anyone, especially the most humble people.
    Thank You!
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-06-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Thumbs up

Wonderful drawing, Caesar

Thank You, dear Jean!

Bravissimo Cesare
    Lo avevo visto nella sezione Art Projecs ma qui mi era sfuggito.
    Un bel tributo per un grande autore!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Grazie, cara Silvia! Non possiamo non ammirare un artista e piangerne la morte qui, no?

Great drawing Cesare well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307