ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: how do I change the position of an image on my canvas?

how do I change the position of an image on my canvas?

Working on a piece, my starting image is in the centre of my canvas but I wanna shift it to the right hand side... would be v. grateful for any answers x

Pick the layer that your image is on, click the menu icon lower right of layer and choose transform layer contents this will allow you to change the size of your image and to reposition it on your canvas.
    if you have been painting on many layers just make sure you have merged the layers before moving.
    Geoff

Is your starting image (as you called it) an image you imported to a layer, or is it an image you imported through the Tracing feature? If you imported it as an image, to a layer, then what Limey-g posted should work for you. If it's an image you brought in as a tracing, then you'll need to go to the tracing panel, and set the Tracing Image Scale option to use Manual Scale. With that done, you'll be able to click on the Transform Tracing Option, which you can use to move the tracing image around.

Here's a visual of the steps:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transformtrace.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	64773
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks!

Thank you limey-g and Someonesane x