ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palette Knife Lock?

Palette Knife Lock?

Just testing loaded palette knife these days. I want to know what does the 'Lock Rotation' option actually do? The brush direction couldn't be locked.

Is there any way to lock the angle of the knife i.e. always horizontal? When using the stylus the brush tilt (of my Intuos) always kicks in, quite annoying because it's actually fairly hard to paint that way with a stylus..

Cheers

I think it has something to do with tablets that have a rotation feature. If you're using a mouse, the direction the knife gets locked to a certain degree, but when I plug my Intous 4 in, I have fidget with the angle of my pen, to get it into the right position.

Personally, I'd REALLY like to have a way to turn off these sort of features, so that we could be allowed to use the tools the way they respond to the mouse. The Air Brush tilting has been driving me crazy. I mean... I like that I can control it, but would like to do so, only when I looking for that sort of control.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

When you use the Palette Knife with Lock Rotation turned off the blade of the knife rotates to follow the direction you're moving in. If you turn Lock Rotation on the knife angle is locked to the Rotation dial value and the blade doesn't rotate to follow the stroke direction.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I think it has something to do with tablets that have a rotation feature. If you're using a mouse, the direction the knife gets locked to a certain degree, but when I plug my Intous 4 in, I have fidget with the angle of my pen, to get it into the right position.

Personally, I'd REALLY like to have a way to turn off these sort of features, so that we could be allowed to use the tools the way they respond to the mouse. The Air Brush tilting has been driving me crazy. I mean... I like that I can control it, but would like to do so, only when I looking for that sort of control.
    Did as you said I used a mouse and it works quite good. I agree what you said about brush tilting, maybe there should be ways to disable it.